Finding the cities where firms have summer SAs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BoomBoom1986

Finding the cities where firms have summer SAs

Postby BoomBoom1986 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am

Vault, the NLJ, etc will give me the cities where all of the firms are headquartered and presumably have summer associates. However, if one is trying to draw up a list of places to "mass mail" in a target city, where can one find an exhaustive list of all the firm offices in a particular city that interview for SAs? For example, Reed Smith is headquartered in Pittsburgh, but they interview for their offices in other cities.

IAFG

Re: Finding the cities where firms have summer SAs

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 am

BoomBoom1986 wrote:Vault, the NLJ, etc will give me the cities where all of the firms are headquartered and presumably have summer associates. However, if one is trying to draw up a list of places to "mass mail" in a target city, where can one find an exhaustive list of all the firm offices in a particular city that interview for SAs? For example, Reed Smith is headquartered in Pittsburgh, but they interview for their offices in other cities.

If you click through on NALP you can see where a firm has had SAs the previous year. That said, some offices of some firms have been not having summers and, who knows, may start again this year. There isn't much harm in massmailing a firm that didn't want your application.

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:46 pm

IAFG wrote:
BoomBoom1986 wrote:Vault, the NLJ, etc will give me the cities where all of the firms are headquartered and presumably have summer associates. However, if one is trying to draw up a list of places to "mass mail" in a target city, where can one find an exhaustive list of all the firm offices in a particular city that interview for SAs? For example, Reed Smith is headquartered in Pittsburgh, but they interview for their offices in other cities.

If you click through on NALP you can see where a firm has had SAs the previous year. That said, some offices of some firms have been not having summers and, who knows, may start again this year. There isn't much harm in massmailing a firm that didn't want your application.

This. Mass mail freaking everybody ITE. You have no idea how many "Dear XXX, We do not and have never taken SAs, but thanks for the application" letters I got last year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 am

I'm curious to see some input here as well.

Return to “Legal Employment”