Nice rejections - can I still call? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Nice rejections - can I still call?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:04 pm

When you e-mail in your resume, cover letter, and other materials to a recruiter, and they say one of two things:

1. "Unfortunately, we have no associate openings right now, but I will keep your resume on file and let you know if we do. . . . Good luck with your career."

2. "Thank you for your interest. We will contact you if we have anything you would be a good fit for."

These are flat (though extremely polite) rejections, right?

If yes, can I still call these recruiters to talk to them about the legal market in their area, and since they have seen my credentials, what they might recommend. Or is that just ridiculous? I seriously have no clue. My CSO is useless, and it would be nice to talk to people who actually know things about the real world.

ran12

Silver

Re: Nice rejections - can I still call?

Post by ran12 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:48 pm

You can try to set up some kind of firm visit or informational interview. Depends on the firm if they even will consider it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”