below median @ MVP - plan?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Pate

Re: below median @ MVP - plan?

Postby Pate » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:12 pm

rayiner wrote:
Pate wrote:
rayiner wrote:Either way, you need a mailing campaign. Put together a list of every NLJ250 firm in NYC outside the V25, and send targeted letters to them in August/September. Be systematic about this, and personalize each mail. Seriously consider expanding your search to nearby markets like NJ, upper NY, CT, etc.

I have no opinion on this, just asking.

I have to estimate my GPA (which I think is middle third). That said, is there a point to mailing a firm like Duane Morris, given that I am under their cutoff. Even if they agreed to an interview wouldn’t it just be a waste of everyone’s time?

I have been given a numerous opinions about cutoffs ― most say they are real.

Cut-offs mentioned in Symplicity? Those are totally fictitious.

For sure? Or just kinda for sure?

rayiner

Re: below median @ MVP - plan?

Postby rayiner » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Pate wrote:
rayiner wrote:Cut-offs mentioned in Symplicity? Those are totally fictitious.

For sure? Or just kinda for sure?

True cut-offs are real, though:
1) the true cut-off is a lot lower than you might think given median callback GPAs;
2) the cut-off is more or less hard depending on the firm.

The cut-off mentioned in Symplicity is total fantasy though, usually copied and pasted from the text the firm uses at some TTT's OCI.

Return to “Legal Employment”