NU 3.55 Bidding Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NU 3.55 Bidding

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

IL looking for bidding advice at Northwestern--IL GPA is a 3.55 (5 years of very good and impressive work experience and very good resume for pre-law school jobs and awards).

I want BigLaw primarily in Chicago (at a nice paying mid-size firm this summer)--also ties to Chicago and lived here prior to law school if that matters.

Ive basically hear:

1) that GPA can get you any firm in Chicago with a good interview and resume (basically GPA not gonna easily land a job but wont kill one either)

2) A few top firms may not be good bids

Thoughts and any help?

Anonymous User

Re: NU 3.55 Bidding

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 pm

I think with your GPA you should try to have a nice spread of bidding. If OCI two years ago was an indication, you'll get 15-20ish interviews out of your bidding if you only target Chicago. Go for some of the big firms but also make sure to interview with some mid size ones just in case. Realize that some of the largest firms in Chicago will have 80+ interview slots (sometimes 160 if my memory serves me right) and that is a lot of people to compete with. I don't think your GPA ensures you'll lock down one of the biggies but you definitely have a good shot.

On another note, when did you get your grades? Today? I just graduated and mine haven't been released yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Above poster...nvm, just checked and their up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Probably too low for Kirkland or Sidley, absent LR and a really stellar interview. Even those factors might not be enough. Every other Chi firm should be in play.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Similar numbers, maybe less impressive WE...but I've heard the same as the above responders. Some of the Chicago Boutiqes are also likely out of play e.g Barack Ferrazzano

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:17 pm

all you NU C/O 2014ers making these bidding threads should just talk to a C/O 2013er. That's what we did. We'll give you much better advice and we want to help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”