2 B-minuses at Penn, how bad is that for OCI this summer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dabomb75

Re: 2 B-minuses at Penn, how bad is that for OCI this summer?

Postby dabomb75 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Veyron wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
PennBull wrote:
This.

Look at grade distributions. Pretty much every vault-ranked firm (including quite a few V10s) has some B-'s in the pie chart. With a 3.5, you're top 1/3 if I'm not mistaken (and at the very least you're significantly above median). Barring a complete aspie-out at OCI, you not only will be employed, but you'll have some damn great options to choose from.

Those B- averages are for the most part either (a) from pre-recession years or (b) from very special candidates with unique skills or attributes.

Wait I'm confused. I thought the pie chart was a composite of every grade from every successful candidate (ie, a sliver of B-'s would be indicative of the occasional B- grade or two). If that's not the case and they actually represent approximations of grade averages, you just made me very very very happy.

After talking to CPP earlier this week, they confirmed that what you initially thought was correct. It's not an average GPA accepted but rather a pie chart of every grade of the students who have gone on to accept a job there over the past 5 years

r6_philly

Re: 2 B-minuses at Penn, how bad is that for OCI this summer?

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:15 am

dabomb75 wrote:
After talking to CPP earlier this week, they confirmed that what you initially thought was correct. It's not an average GPA accepted but rather a pie chart of every grade of the students who have gone on to accept a job there over the past 5 years

I am pretty sure those were grades of the student who were offered, not who accepted.

Return to “Legal Employment”