Question Re: Magistrate Clerkships Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
what to do now

New

Question Re: Magistrate Clerkships

Post by what to do now » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 am

I'm currently clerking for a district court judge in a large state. Would a clerkship for a magistrate judge in SDNY be an upgrade or downgrade? Would it help me land a job in NYC? I'm interested in AUSA, as well as firms.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: Question Re: Magistrate Clerkships

Post by LawIdiot86 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:20 am

Related question. I know a clerkship with SDNY or D.Del for bankruptcy is seen as a solid step above the other bankruptcy courts. Does this apply to any of the districts for magistrates? I would guess DDC and SDNY, but don't know. Also, EDNY and EDVa?

Anonymous User

Re: Question Re: Magistrate Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Given that NYC firms don't generally care much about connections to the city, and given that you're already clerking for a district judge, I'm not sure what the value-added would be for clerking with a magistrate, even in SDNY, with the exception of getting to know the local rules well in the process.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”