Who do I e-mail to apply?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Who do I e-mail to apply?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:33 am

At the moment, I am sending out my resume and cover letter to law firms that I am interested in. Some do not give the name of the hiring contact for their firm, in which case, I give them a call, and someone is usually nice enough to give me the name of the person to whom I need to address my materials to.

Q: I was given a name; the website says to e-mail all materials to a generic (think inquiries@) address, meant for job applicants and clients alike; and this individual person (who is not an attorney, but makes the financial decisions for the firm) has a separate e-mail address.

Do I e-mail to the generic address, or to the person's address?

Re: Who do I e-mail to apply?

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 am

Email directly whoever you were told to email.

I had success, in cases where there was no direction on the website, emailing a partner who is named in the firm's letterhead for guidance.

Return to “Legal Employment”