3.1-3.2 M, Chances at OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.1-3.2 M, Chances at OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone could shoot out some generic advice or give their perspective on my chances at OCI. I want biglaw, but am ok working in a secondary market. Beyond bidding on my home market (secondary market) in the midwest, I am thinking of mass mailing VA firms in secondary markets (as I have some connections to VA). Beyond this, I will still have some bids left for probably one or two major markets-any advice?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: 3.1-3.2 M, Chances at OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:55 am

anyone?

Tree

New

Post by Tree » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Your grades are on the low end, but you should have a shot even if you're a little below median. If you're dead-set on a firm job, interview with New York firms. Those have the largest class sizes and are least-selective (besides smaller secondary markets like Philly).

Tree

New

Post by Tree » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:29 pm

I should also mention that you should bid on as many markets as possible (still targeting the non-premier New York firms as well). Ignore OCP's advice if they suggest targeting only one geographic region or city. Cast a wide net.

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Tree wrote:I should also mention that you should bid on as many markets as possible (still targeting the non-premier New York firms as well). Ignore OCP's advice if they suggest targeting only one geographic region or city. Cast a wide net.
Why should OP cast a wide net? If OP is asked what markets he is applying to and he rattles of 1/2 the country it isn't going to look to good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks, my plan right now is to mass mail and try to setup connections with firms in two states that I may want to live in, and that I have ties to. These firms will not be coming to OCI. Then, my OCI strategy is to bid on my home market and NY and possibly one other. Honestly, in the end, I just want to make sure I have a legal job in the private sector, as I want to be able to service my $70,000 in debt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Where does a 3.16 stand, and will what should I be doing if I want a biglaw job?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”