buttons on blazer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
portaprokoss

buttons on blazer

Postby portaprokoss » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Dark navy. One person told me brass buttons make you look like a marching band leader, another told me they are the traditional, preferred choice for a conservative atmosphere.

Advice?

Sup Kid

Re: buttons on blazer

Postby Sup Kid » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 pm

portaprokoss wrote:Dark navy. One person told me brass buttons make you look like a marching band leader, another told me they are the traditional, preferred choice for a conservative atmosphere.

Advice?

Wear whichever one you feel more comfortable with -- it's a personal choice and no one else will care. Also, you can get all the buttons changed at any local tailor/dry-cleaner for $10-$15, so you can try it one way and switch it later on if you feel like it.

Should I Transfer??

Postby Should I Transfer?? » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Personal choice. I prefer silver buttons. IMO brass/gold look too old man-ish and non-metal look like an orphaned suit coat.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 pm

What about gold buttons with your initials engraved?

Return to “Legal Employment”