Relevant Classes

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Relevant Classes

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am

If i'm taking relevant summer classes (in addition to other summer work) such as corporations and a course in transactional writing, want to go in to transactional biglaw practice, and these summer courses aren't indicated on my transcript until the grades come back (which will be after OCI bidding), would it be appropriate to note these classes somewhere in my application and if so, where?

I'm thinking they are worth mentioning in the cover letter but obviously that gets lost/missed in the shuffle a lot of times, but the resume seems inappropriate.

nonprofit-prophet

Re: Relevant Classes

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:If i'm taking relevant summer classes (in addition to other summer work) such as corporations and a course in transactional writing, want to go in to transactional biglaw practice, and these summer courses aren't indicated on my transcript until the grades come back (which will be after OCI bidding), would it be appropriate to note these classes somewhere in my application and if so, where?

I'm thinking they are worth mentioning in the cover letter but obviously that gets lost/missed in the shuffle a lot of times, but the resume seems inappropriate.

In terms of getting the interview, I don't think it's going to help you at all. From their perspective, they are looking for the best clay to mold and they know law school doesn't prepare you very well. However, when they ask what practice group interests you, mentioning those classes will help you sound informed.

Return to “Legal Employment”