Summer 2013 Non-OCI Job Hunt (Mass Mail, Job Fairs, etc) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Summer 2013 Non-OCI Job Hunt (Mass Mail, Job Fairs, etc)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 pm

quick mass-mail results update to keep the hope flowing-4 cbs (completed/in the next couple of weeks) in my midwestern home market, 1 cb in a market near my UG where I have some ties, 3 screeners in DC. It may be tedious but it pays off!

adammac17

Bronze

Post by adammac17 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:29 pm

stats?

ShitLawOrBust

Bronze

Post by ShitLawOrBust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:quick mass-mail results update to keep the hope flowing-4 cbs (completed/in the next couple of weeks) in my midwestern home market, 1 cb in a market near my UG where I have some ties, 3 screeners in DC. It may be tedious but it pays off!
damn, nice. Which midwestern LS?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I targeted about 40 firms throughout Texas. I have 7 scheduled interviews and have completed 4 interviews. 3 CB scheduled next week. T25 and no journal. Top 20%. Just hustle your ass off

ShitLawOrBust

Bronze

Post by ShitLawOrBust » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I targeted about 40 firms throughout Texas. I have 7 scheduled interviews and have completed 4 interviews. 3 CB scheduled next week. T25 and no journal. Top 20%. Just hustle your ass off
Geez. I did the same thing and haven't heard shit except one callback. LR and top 5% at a T40

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 pm

ShitLawOrBust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I targeted about 40 firms throughout Texas. I have 7 scheduled interviews and have completed 4 interviews. 3 CB scheduled next week. T25 and no journal. Top 20%. Just hustle your ass off
Geez. I did the same thing and haven't heard shit except one callback. LR and top 5% at a T40
Geez. I did the same thing plus another 20 firms and haven't heard anything but rejections. top 33% at T16

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ShitLawOrBust wrote:
Geez. I did the same thing plus another 20 firms and haven't heard anything but rejections. top 33% at T16
Same as well. 1 cb, a couple rejections, and nothing else. Texas Tech top 2%, LR

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I've mailed about 20 large firms in Florida. A couple dings, but I don't expect anything with my resume.

What is the time frame for midsize firms? I feel like I'll have a lot more success with those.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:I've mailed about 20 large firms in Florida. A couple dings, but I don't expect anything with my resume.

What is the time frame for midsize firms? I feel like I'll have a lot more success with those.
had screeners with GT and GrayRobinson, cb offer from Bilzin. Bilzin qualifies as mid-law I think.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:I've mailed about 20 large firms in Florida. A couple dings, but I don't expect anything with my resume.

had screeners with GT and GrayRobinson, cb offer from Bilzin. Bilzin qualifies as mid-law I think.
ok?

eta: I originally meant what is the time frame for applying to them. And all those qualify as large Florida firms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

ok?

eta: I originally meant what is the time frame for applying to them. And all those qualify as large Florida firms.
lmao... I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT LET ME SHARE STORIES OF MY SUCCESS

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

ok?

my bad, i thought you meant timeframe for hearing back, not applying.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Minneapolis NALP firm CB from late July mass mailing and an interview this week

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

letsdoit

Bronze

Post by letsdoit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

ok?

lmao... I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT LET ME SHARE STORIES OF MY SUCCESS
solid use of the anon feature, bro. really protecting that sensitive information.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Ding from a V15 mass mail. Shucks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Ding from Ropes & Gray in Chi-town

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 pm

letsdoit wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: lmao... I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT LET ME SHARE STORIES OF MY SUCCESS
solid use of the anon feature, bro. really protecting that sensitive information.
HE DOESN'T WANT PEOPLE ITT TO KNOW HE WAS MAKING FUN OF SOMEONE

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 pm

chrisbru wrote:
letsdoit wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: lmao... I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT LET ME SHARE STORIES OF MY SUCCESS
it was me and I dont give a shit, I just anon'd out of habit since it's NBD in a thread this big.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:07 am

Anyone have success in San Diego? It's my home market and ideally I would love to practice down there but there are only a few "BigLaw" firms from my understanding, plenty of 2-10 attorney boutique firms and a metric fuckton of solo practitioners. Should I waste my time with the boutique firms and inquire about a Summer Associate position or just target the small amount of big firms and hope for the best? 8)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:38 am

Ding from Gunderson Dettmer's Redwood City office today via email.

jess

Post by jess » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:47 am

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 am

cb at Brown Rudnick-DC. Anyone have any input on this firm?? really excited!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am

tedalbany wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
it was me and I dont give a shit, I just anon'd out of habit since it's NBD in a thread this big.
FWIW, I was just joking :)

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have success in San Diego? It's my home market and ideally I would love to practice down there but there are only a few "BigLaw" firms from my understanding, plenty of 2-10 attorney boutique firms and a metric fuckton of solo practitioners. Should I waste my time with the boutique firms and inquire about a Summer Associate position or just target the small amount of big firms and hope for the best? 8)
I was one of two summers at a 7 lawyer firm this summer - not in San Diego, but I guess I'm trying to say it doesn't hurt to ask. Play up any connections you have.

Gecko of Doom

Bronze

Post by Gecko of Doom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:35 am

Jessuf wrote:Snail mail rejection from Dykema DC even though I contacted them through e-mail.

So due to journal training + transfer orientation, I won't be available for non-DC callbacks until Tuesday, August 28. Is this really late? Am I screwed? I only have 4 DC interviews so far through mass mailing. All OCI screeners are NYC, and pushing NYC callbacks (if i get any..) back to end of Aug/beginning of Sept worries me if all of the NYC spots will get snatched up fast.
I don't think you'll be too late. I just scheduled a callback with a firm (admittedly non-NYC, but a pretty big market), and they said they don't even start hosting callbacks until August 29.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”