Bar Exam - MBE practice questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
clerkshipwanted

New

Bar Exam - MBE practice questions

Post by clerkshipwanted » Sat May 26, 2012 8:55 am

If you are taking a course (BarBri) should you still purchase the practice MBE questions from NCBE ($125)? Or did BarBri include basically these questions in their material?

2012JayDee

Bronze

Re: Bar Exam - MBE practice questions

Post by 2012JayDee » Wed May 30, 2012 9:00 pm

MBE study is included in the full-course of barbri.

Kaplan and Barbri also have a pre-course. It's a week's worth of lectures on Torts, contracts, criminal, criminal procedure, constitutional, evidence and property law. Begins right before the regular full-course.

Although some people choose to pay for the Barbi course and take the MBE portion with Kaplan by just paying the extra fee.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Over 1,000 extra MBE questions online from KaplanPMBR for only $150. That should be more questions than you'll ever need for a lot less than paying for both BarBri and a MBE course. See: http://www.kaptest.com/Bar-Exam/Bar-Rev ... tions.html

Georgiana

Silver

Post by Georgiana » Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 am

I paid for one set of the NCBE questions (~$50?) about two weeks before the bar. It was more to calm myself down than anything else. I submitted the receipt to my firm for reimbursement as a bar expense and they paid it so there was no money lost.

I wouldn't suggest you use them to study, I suggest you wait until you feel like you're ready for the bar and then take them like a real test and see how you do. If you bomb them, you better buckle down for the remaining time; if you do awesome, keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the confidence boost.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Georgiana is right. I paid for them out of pocket, and I am happy I bought them. I took one set of questions a few weeks/month before the test and took the second set less than a week before. These are confidence-boosting questions. Kaplan's Q-bank is an excellent resource, but Kaplan's questions were on average harder than the actual MBE (in my opinion).

edit: to answer your actual question, I'm not sure about Barbri, but I believe some of Kaplan's questions are "actual" NCBE MBE questions (though most are not). So it is possible that you will get all the NCBE questions from a test prep company. I believe with Kaplan, they were co-mingled with the "fake" MBE questions. I think it's worth the extra scratch to buy the ones directly from NCBE.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”