Worried NYU 2L Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nyuwithbadgrades

New

Worried NYU 2L

Post by nyuwithbadgrades » Thu May 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Like my columbia counterpart, I am still waiting on my spring grades but almost certainly will have a GPA well below our median - think something like 3.10.

Give me some advice, fellow NYU students. Please tell me you or your friends had a sub 3.2 and still had offers. Do I have a shot? What firms should I bid / avoid? Any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Worried NYU 2L

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 24, 2012 3:06 pm

yes you have a decent shot. know lots of people in your range with job offers. just play it smart. make sure to bid on firms that are a match for you. focus on firms with large class sizes, and not so prestigious. don't be dead set on any practice group, especially the smaller ones. make sure to do practice interviews. have some stories rehearsed about your WE and why it's relevant. dont wear an orange tie (even if you've been complimented on it). schedule call backs asap. you should be fine. just make sure to do everything you can to maximize chances and at least one offer will hopefully turn up

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”