Federal Forms and C&F

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Federal Forms and C&F

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm

There are a good amount of legal jobs with the feds etc. that ask you to disclose any drug use. I have no intention of lying on a federal form and realize that my past drug use (frequent marijuana use, and handful of hallucinogens, nothing super serious) will make my chances of getting any of these jobs very slim. However, I feel that even a slim chance is worth it to try and do what I want to do.

My worry is this. I've never been arrested and there is no record of my doing drugs anywhere. As soon as I submit a federal form there is a record. Will this record come up as an issue when I try to pass the character and fitness portion of the bar? I'm not going to apply for something that I only have a slim chance of getting if it means that I won't be able to become a lawyer at all.

I've tried to ask school officials but they really had no idea. If anyone has dealt with this or knows who to talk to that would be great. Would a lawyer charge me an arm and a leg to talk about this stuff?

Thanks!

BeautifulSW

Re: Federal Forms and C&F

Postby BeautifulSW » Thu May 24, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah, he probably will, and you'd best grin and reach for the checkbook. I don't think you should rely on any advice you might receive on this or any other forum for a question like this.

Return to “Legal Employment”