BarBri classes

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nyf

BarBri classes

Postby nyf » Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi,

I could not find this anywhere, but how long is class each day for Barbri? I somehow can't figure that out easily on their site. Thanks!

concurrent fork

Re: BarBri classes

Postby concurrent fork » Sun May 20, 2012 5:17 pm

nyf wrote:Hi,

I could not find this anywhere, but how long is class each day for Barbri? I somehow can't figure that out easily on their site. Thanks!

9:30am - 1:30pm IIRC.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Sun May 20, 2012 5:39 pm

There are morning and afternoon sessions. You can attend either. Sessions are typically 3-4 hours long.

jkech

Postby jkech » Mon May 21, 2012 6:20 pm

just started the MBE preview today. i spend an hour or so in transit to the barbri location every morning (and its early and I'm not a morning person so I know I won't really get much work done on the train in). Where I'm at there's one room with a lecturer and 3 rooms or so of live feed. Is there any advantage to coming in to go to this as opposed to just watching the lectures on the computer on the BarBri website?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 22, 2012 11:55 am

jkech wrote:just started the MBE preview today. i spend an hour or so in transit to the barbri location every morning (and its early and I'm not a morning person so I know I won't really get much work done on the train in). Where I'm at there's one room with a lecturer and 3 rooms or so of live feed. Is there any advantage to coming in to go to this as opposed to just watching the lectures on the computer on the BarBri website?

i think it guarantees that you can sit thru the 3hr lectures. if you can focus that long at home, then there's no difference.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:45 pm

jkech wrote:just started the MBE preview today. i spend an hour or so in transit to the barbri location every morning (and its early and I'm not a morning person so I know I won't really get much work done on the train in). Where I'm at there's one room with a lecturer and 3 rooms or so of live feed. Is there any advantage to coming in to go to this as opposed to just watching the lectures on the computer on the BarBri website?

No. Just sleep in and get the rest you need to function at your best, watch the lectures online and study when you know you are at your best (me, its usually afternoon / evening before I'm truly productive), and save yourself the hour commute each day you could be sleeping, eating, studying, whatever.

I'd wake up at noon, watch the lecture / study until midnight, XBOX until 4am (my daily reward!), repeat the next day. Ahhhh, that was fun....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:

No. Just sleep in and get the rest you need to function at your best, watch the lectures online and study when you know you are at your best (me, its usually afternoon / evening before I'm truly productive), and save yourself the hour commute each day you could be sleeping, eating, studying, whatever.

I'd wake up at noon, watch the lecture / study until midnight, XBOX until 4am (my daily reward!), repeat the next day. Ahhhh, that was fun....

From what I've heard, 12 hours a day (noon to midnight) is almost certainly too much time to spend on the bar, particularly in June.

Return to “Legal Employment”