contact partner who heavily recruited me before SA starts?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

contact partner who heavily recruited me before SA starts?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Title basically says it all...should I shoot an email to the partner who heavily recruited me at the firm I ultimately chose that just says that I am looking forward to the summer and hope to work on some projects for him? Is it presumptuous to assume I would be working on his projects?

blurbz

Re: contact partner who heavily recruited me before SA starts?

Postby blurbz » Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Title basically says it all...should I shoot an email to the partner who heavily recruited me at the firm I ultimately chose that just says that I am looking forward to the summer and hope to work on some projects for him? Is it presumptuous to assume I would be working on his projects?

Define "heavily recruited." If he was just your contact person on the recruiting committee then I don't think I'd send him anything. If there was a real personal connection between you two, then sure--drop him an email.

I think saying you're looking forward to the summer and to working with him is enough. I wouldn't say specifically that you want to work on projects of his unless you know of specific things he's working on that you might be able to help with (but if you know that, you probably have had similar conversations with him already and it'd be even less of a risk to bring it up again!). If you haven't talked about specific projects with him already, I wouldn't bring them up.

TooOld4This

Re: contact partner who heavily recruited me before SA starts?

Postby TooOld4This » Wed May 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Shoot him an email once you show up.

Return to “Legal Employment”