SA checking fb? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SA checking fb?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 16, 2012 7:11 pm

would you check facebook while at the firm? using either the firm's computer or your own.
i know my biglaw SA friends posted on fb during work hours all the time. seems fine for them.

when i interned at a firm, there are def times during a day that i got so bored. but i didn't dare to go to fb, so i checked the hell out of linkedin instead lol

holdencaulfield

Bronze

Re: SA checking fb?

Post by holdencaulfield » Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 pm

I would recommend not checking it. If I saw an SA on facebook during business hours, I'd probably think less of them. This is in spite of the fact that I occasionally check mine and many partners often check theirs.

If you are set on checking FB, do it on your phone when no one is around.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 pm

But TLS is cool, amirite?

jkay

Bronze

Post by jkay » Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Don't do any of it. If I have time to kill, I might read scotusblog, read Supreme Court, 9th Circuit, and state supreme court cases (yes, I am a super-nerd), and VERY RARELY, sites like nytimes and slate.

Facebook = bad and easily identifiable from a distance, depending on your work set up. That's what your iPhone is for, bro.

truevines

Bronze

Post by truevines » Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:would you check facebook while at the firm? using either the firm's computer or your own.
i know my biglaw SA friends posted on fb during work hours all the time. seems fine for them.

when i interned at a firm, there are def times during a day that i got so bored. but i didn't dare to go to fb, so i checked the hell out of linkedin instead lol
Do that on your own smartphone (not the firm's computer or BB).

truevines

Bronze

Post by truevines » Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:would you check facebook while at the firm? using either the firm's computer or your own.

Do that on your own smartphone (not the firm's computer or BB).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”