ITT: Summer Associates Post About Their Anxiety (2012) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: ITT: Summer Associates Post About Their Anxiety (2012)

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:20 pm

turns out the rule against perpetuities is actually harder in real life. Memo due Tuesday. Bye, bye weekend.

*headache*

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:19 pm

IAFG wrote:Just because I loved my firm doesn't mean I wouldn't rather get 3L on the road.
See, I'm the opposite. I'd rather work then deal with another year of lawl skool. I just want to get on with my life at this point.

Old Gregg

Platinum

Post by Old Gregg » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:26 pm

keg411 wrote:
IAFG wrote:Just because I loved my firm doesn't mean I wouldn't rather get 3L on the road.
See, I'm the opposite. I'd rather work then deal with another year of lawl skool. I just want to get on with my life at this point.
Your work life will be dramatically different than what you experienced as a summer, and you'll appreciate the amount of freedom 3L gave you. Enjoy it now.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I am looking forward to the freedom of law school. Playing video games again, taking a day off whenever I want. But I really liked the work I was doing and I think I'm going to give even less fucks about bullshit law school classes than I did 2l year. And the paychecks of course... gonna miss those

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Your work life will be dramatically different than what you experienced as a summer, and you'll appreciate the amount of freedom 3L gave you. Enjoy it now.
I worked before law school. I know it's different.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

keg411 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:
keg411 wrote:
I'm with you, rather start working again now.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:
keg411 wrote:
I'm with you, rather start working again now.
K-JD cosigning.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Would rather be working than in school, but Fresh Prince is right. Assuming I get an offer, I plan to drink and chill out pretty much all of 3L. Plenty of time for busting ass as a first year associate; need to just enjoy 3L.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:44 pm

romothesavior wrote:Would rather be working than in school, but Fresh Prince is right. Assuming I get an offer, I plan to drink and chill out pretty much all of 3L. Plenty of time for busting ass as a first year associate; need to just enjoy 3L.
I'm sure 3L will be fun... but it's more of that I'm tired of being in this weird limbo world of law school and the law school bubble. Plus, the idea of going to class again makes me want to jam a fork into my eye.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Old Gregg

Platinum

Post by Old Gregg » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Who said you have to go to class???

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:32 am

Fresh Prince wrote:Who said you have to go to class???
I know some people can get away with not going to class in law school and get A's (or at least B+'s) and do super well with no issue. Believe me when I say that I'm not one of them. Wish I were though -- I'm super jealous.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 am

keg411 wrote:
I know some people can get away with not going to class in law school and get A's (or at least B+'s) and do super well with no issue. Believe me when I say that I'm not one of them. Wish I were though -- I'm super jealous.
The only stupider than paying $150/h to listen to a professor talk about inane and irrelevant points of law is paying $150/h to reserve an empty chair in said talk.

Old Gregg

Platinum

Post by Old Gregg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:44 am

keg411 wrote:
Who said you have to do super well???

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:06 am

Fresh Prince wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Who said you have to do super well???
I don't. But trust me when I say, I really can't slack to the level of missing class. I really really wish I could.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:36 am

I have a long list of things I plan to do when I get back to school. None of them have anything to do with striving for good grades.

tlsemail123

New

Post by tlsemail123 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:25 pm

IAFG wrote:I have a long list of things I plan to do when I get back to school. None of them have anything to do with striving for good grades.
Throw some ideas my way.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm

tlsemail123 wrote:
IAFG wrote:I have a long list of things I plan to do when I get back to school. None of them have anything to do with striving for good grades.
Throw some ideas my way.
Yea man, share the wealth.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:07 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
keg411 wrote:
The only stupider than paying $150/h to listen to a professor talk about inane and irrelevant points of law is paying $150/h to reserve an empty chair in said talk.
I'm not paying $150/hr to sit in a chair to listen to a professor talk. I'm paying $150/hr to get a piece of paper that will allow me to work in the profession.

HTH

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
keg411 wrote:
I'm not paying $150/hr to sit in a chair to listen to a professor talk. I'm paying $150/hr to get a piece of paper that will allow me to work in the profession.

HTH
Credited.

Law school sucks.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:11 am

keg411 wrote:

+10000

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm supposed to do a clinic spring semester, which I signed up because, you know, everyone says to do a clinic. But now I'm thinking it's just going to be a lot of work when I could otherwise be playing flash games while sitting through lectures/cutting class to play golf.

Anyone else thinking about dropping their clinics this year?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Where do u guys go to lawl school? After the grade crunch of 1L, the setup has not been bad. At my t14 we just hit the gym and drink for 2.5 months + no class til after 11. Sure we're not getting paid but might as well enjoy our last yr of all that being a student has to offer. Can't imagine being someone's b as a first year associate is more fun than living on the academic schedule..

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:22 pm

monkey85 wrote:
tlsemail123 wrote:
Throw some ideas my way.
Yea man, share the wealth.
If you lived in Chicago you wouldn't need suggestions. Or maybe you would but if so I feel sad for you.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 pm

rad lulz wrote:
romo wrote: I'm not paying $150/hr to sit in a chair to listen to a professor talk. I'm paying $150/hr to get a piece of paper that will allow me to work in the profession.

HTH
Credited.

Law school sucks.
3L is an expensive vacation, and I don't spend my vacations in lecture halls.

KeepitKind

Bronze

Post by KeepitKind » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:08 pm

IAFG wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
romo wrote: I'm not paying $150/hr to sit in a chair to listen to a professor talk. I'm paying $150/hr to get a piece of paper that will allow me to work in the profession.

HTH
Credited.

Law school sucks.
3L is an expensive vacation, and I don't spend my vacations in lecture halls.
Never been to Rome?? you must act fast, the Coliseum is crumbling

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”