Conflicted Out: 2L SA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Conflicted Out: 2L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 pm

So how many people are conflicted out of things for their 2L biglaw SA because of their 1L summers? I got a call this morning that said they're going to have to screen me from a handful of issues. I worked at a state agency in a neighboring state 1L summer.

Obviously it doesn't sound like a big deal so I'm not at all worried about it causing real problems, but I'm curious about who else this has happened to.

Anonymous User

Re: Conflicted Out: 2L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So how many people are conflicted out of things for their 2L biglaw SA because of their 1L summers? I got a call this morning that said they're going to have to screen me from a handful of issues. I worked at a state agency in a neighboring state 1L summer.

Obviously it doesn't sound like a big deal so I'm not at all worried about it causing real problems, but I'm curious about who else this has happened to.

You're lucky. It happened to me last year. The subject matter was a huge deal for all parties involved. I hadn't taken Professional Responsibility yet so I didn't know about screening. I thought I was done. I spent a couple of months in limbo before it got resolved (written consent).

Return to “Legal Employment”