USAO Summer Internships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USAO Summer Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 12:26 am

I have a summer internship with the USAO. I received security clearance over a month ago, but still haven't received a firm start date (they gave me a ball-park estimate of last week of May, but no confirmation yet). HR said that the attorney I am working with would contact me, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone in the same or similar boat? Any advice? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: USAO Summer Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 am

I think it varies by office, but my USAO office was pretty low-key. I got in touch with them a month before I planned to start and was like, "dear so and so, hope you're well, I plan to start on x date and finish on x date."

There was a formal start date but I started / ended earlier because I had other obligations. It was no big deal.

Most offices have a coordinator that you should be in touch with. That person will likely help you get set up, etc.

Return to “Legal Employment”