received offer as lateral - will they request transcript?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

received offer as lateral - will they request transcript?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I received an offer at a V50 firm as a very junior lateral by submitting my resume and unofficial transcript. Will the firm ask for a transcript release authorization from my law school to confirm that I graduated? Or was my unofficial transcript sufficient?

sunynp

Re: received offer as lateral - will they request transcript?

Postby sunynp » Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer at a V50 firm as a very junior lateral by submitting my resume and unofficial transcript. Will the firm ask for a transcript release authorization from my law school to confirm that I graduated? Or was my unofficial transcript sufficient?

You should assume they will look for an official transcript. If you gave them the correct transcript then you having nothing to worry about. If you have an issue with your school about getting the transcript from unpaid library fines or something, just sort it out. I think that firms like to have transcripts for juniors.

Return to “Legal Employment”