Practice Specialities of the V15

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Magnificent

Re: Practice Specialities of the V15

Postby Magnificent » Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 am

dixiecupdrinking wrote:
Magnificent wrote:You can't just say that people who happen to do well in law school are somehow naturally attracted to lit.

This statement actually makes perfect sense. Law school coursework has far more to do with litigation than corporate work. It's not outrageous to think people whose interests and talents skew toward litigation will tend to do better in law school.

trying to rationalize your own shortcomings?

I doubt the number of people going into law school wanting to do corporate is miniscule. Unless you have a parent who was a transactional lawyer, barely anyone coming into law school even knows what corporate work entails.

eliekedourie

Postby eliekedourie » Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 am

Magnificent wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:
Magnificent wrote:You can't just say that people who happen to do well in law school are somehow naturally attracted to lit.

This statement actually makes perfect sense. Law school coursework has far more to do with litigation than corporate work. It's not outrageous to think people whose interests and talents skew toward litigation will tend to do better in law school.

I doubt the number of people going into law school wanting to do corporate is miniscule. Unless you have a parent who was a transactional lawyer, barely anyone coming into law school even knows what corporate work entails.

Maybe for the K-JD set. However, a ton of people actually work before going to school and have quite a good idea of what corporate work entails.

And to preempt any BS assumption about me in light of this post—I will be doing litigation.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am

Magnificent wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:

K, bye!

Return to “Legal Employment”