which gets more trial exposure? DA or AUSA? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: which gets more trial exposure? DA or AUSA?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:13 am

CanadianWolf wrote:An old saying: When the Feds indict, the case is already over; when the state indicts, the case is just beginning.

The Feds have tremendous resources available whereas most state & local governments are resource poor.
Based on summering last year with a state office and gearing up to summer with a USAO branch this summer, I can attest to this. Weirdly, though, state level stuff can be a BLAST because of the breakneck pace. I loved it. Those attorneys were in court trying cases about three to four days a week (in a very busy metro area office, there were about 20 district court attorneys and then another 30ish for circuit). The USAO branch I interviewed with said they'll try to get me into court to watch what they do as often as possible but they said more time will definitely be spent writing motions, which is actually what I need more experience in anyway. They said 95% of their cases plead out.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”