Vault MCCA Diversity Fair D.C.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Vault MCCA Diversity Fair D.C.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Anyone else get an "Important Message" from the US DOJ requesting you stop by the booth during the fair? Not sure if this was directed to me, or sent to all participants.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else get an "Important Message" from the US DOJ requesting you stop by the booth during the fair? Not sure if this was directed to me, or sent to all participants.

Everyone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thoughts on taking an interview at this fair vs interviewing at OCI? Firm says I can't do both.

I heard a panel of V25 recruiters answer this question at a recent function. General consensus was that unless you have some compelling reason to prefer the later interview (I.e. that would bet he only interview that day whereas it would be 1 of 10 at the fair), earlier is better. Like with all "rolling" processes, the earlier in the cycle you appear, the better your chances are.

FWIW, they all also said that the interviewers who attend diversity fairs are volunteers and therefore usually very well motivated to bring qualified candidates back to the firm.

Hope it helps.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I am a little upset/worried about only having gotten one pre-select interview, given that I'm top 1/3rd at a T10. Eeks. What went wrong?
(The things about my candidacy that worry me are probably strongly identifying.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am a little upset/worried about only having gotten one pre-select interview, given that I'm top 1/3rd at a T10. Eeks. What went wrong?
(The things about my candidacy that worry me are probably strongly identifying.)

I'm in the same boat, and I wouldn't worry about it. Anything we get from this is a bonus, and many people didn't even get a single pre-select.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am a little upset/worried about only having gotten one pre-select interview, given that I'm top 1/3rd at a T10. Eeks. What went wrong?

I'm in the same boat, and I wouldn't worry about it. Anything we get from this is a bonus, and many people didn't even get a single pre-select.

What flavor URM are you two? Might have something to do with our relative experiences. I had a pretty good go of it today with 10 screeners. I'm happy to share my resume for compare / contrast purposes if you want to drop your e-mail addy.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:39 am

Should we post here if we get a callback from a screener yesterday so that others can know that callbacks went out? Not that I've received one yet, but I'm wondering if it's a good idea.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What flavor URM are you two? Might have something to do with our relative experiences. I had a pretty good go of it today with 10 screeners. I'm happy to share my resume for compare / contrast purposes if you want to drop your e-mail addy.

10!??!
Grades/school?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I would, but can't PM on anonymous posts.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 pm

I lost all of the business cards I received at interviews yesterday and I was hoping that one of you interviewed with Fried Frank and remembers the interviewer's name.
Thanks so much in advance!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

10!??!
Grades/school?

School in the 20's. Top 10% and law review.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 am

What flavor URM?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:What flavor URM?

If you meant the Anon right above, AA male.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Anyone get any callbacks yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get any callbacks yet?

And so the obsessive and unhealthy staring at the phone begins...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

So early too. We've got more than a full month of staring at phone ahead of us.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

So early too. We've got more than a full month of staring at phone ahead of us.

Did anybody get a timeline for when we would hear back?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I heard back from Sidley Austin-DC and Miller & Chevalier-DC today, letting me know that they'd like to schedule call backs.

I was told by Sidley that I would know by Monday. Miller never told me their timeline.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I heard back from Sidley Austin-DC and Miller & Chevalier-DC today, letting me know that they'd like to schedule call backs.

I was told by Sidley that I would know by Monday. Miller never told me their timeline.

Stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm

any word on sidley ny?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I heard back from Sidley Austin-DC and Miller & Chevalier-DC today, letting me know that they'd like to schedule call backs.

Stats?

Median T14 with solid WE.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any word on sidley ny?

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Heard back from Sidley DC today and Latham on Friday that I got callbacks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Heard back from Sidley DC today and Latham on Friday that I got callbacks.

Stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Anyone not black get a CB?

Return to “Legal Employment”