1 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
shotsfired12

Bronze

Post by shotsfired12 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 am

redacted.
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Vault MCCA Diversity Fair D.C.

Post by bk1 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:57 am

It's preselect. Not sure if there's a resume drop type thing. So I would assume your chance of getting interviews depends on your school/GPA.

I don't see a timeline for Vault/MCCA, but I'm looking to go to another diversity fair the same weekend (BADCF) and they send out preselects in early July and alternates in mid July.

shotsfired12

Bronze

Post by shotsfired12 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 am

redacted.
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PMan99

Bronze

Post by PMan99 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:51 am

SHANbangs wrote:Hmmm... anybody who has been to MCCA fair in previous years who can tell us how many interviews they got?
Every time this question gets asked, the same thing ends up coming up.

People who are above median from T14s end up cleaning up. Of course, above median URMs generally don't need extra interviews.

It depends a lot on your school, grades, etc. If you have straight H's at Yale, are an AA Lesbian woman, and spent 2 years at Goldman Sachs after graduating summa from Wharton with a degree in finance in addition to getting a PhD in computer science you're going to get a lot more interviews than someone else. If you (or, you know, some anonymous poster who just happens to show up on this thread) post more information then people can help you out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 am

How about slightly below median lower T10-14.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:How about slightly below median lower T10-14.
I had these same stats and got none from MCCA last year.

nycdweller

New

Post by nycdweller » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 am

I had four preselects at MCCA in DC last year. If I remember, it was held on July 26 - much earlier than other diversity fairs. Didn't receive any CBs. All the interviewers were very iffy when I pressed them for a timeline - they uniformly said 2-3 weeks to hear back, which is absurd given the lightning-quick turnaround you experience at other diversity fairs and OCI. Thought the interviews went great but I got the impression that firms were just going through the motions. Would not advise going out of your way for this. The best diversity fair is SEMJF though I hear Cook County and NEBLSA are solid too

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am

nycdweller wrote:I had four preselects at MCCA in DC last year. If I remember, it was held on July 26 - much earlier than other diversity fairs. Didn't receive any CBs. All the interviewers were very iffy when I pressed them for a timeline - they uniformly said 2-3 weeks to hear back, which is absurd given the lightning-quick turnaround you experience at other diversity fairs and OCI. Thought the interviews went great but I got the impression that firms were just going through the motions. Would not advise going out of your way for this. The best diversity fair is SEMJF though I hear Cook County and NEBLSA are solid too
I'd add Sunbelt too to that list for good diversity fairs

DuPont is probably the most useless one

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 pm

f0bolous wrote:
nycdweller wrote:I had four preselects at MCCA in DC last year. If I remember, it was held on July 26 - much earlier than other diversity fairs. Didn't receive any CBs. All the interviewers were very iffy when I pressed them for a timeline - they uniformly said 2-3 weeks to hear back, which is absurd given the lightning-quick turnaround you experience at other diversity fairs and OCI. Thought the interviews went great but I got the impression that firms were just going through the motions. Would not advise going out of your way for this. The best diversity fair is SEMJF though I hear Cook County and NEBLSA are solid too
I'd add Sunbelt too to that list for good diversity fairs

DuPont is probably the most useless one
What about Delaware (not Dupont), Heartland, and St. Louis?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Do not waste your time on the St Louis fair if you are not from St Louis. I went there and it was basically a joke. Only go if you get a stipend to go there (which I got). Otherwise, forget it because they will never call you back if you didn't grow up in St Louis.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Anybody hear anything about the boston lawyers group diversity fair?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Have invitations been sent out yet? Is it too late to register and be considered for interviews?

jess

Post by jess » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Registered fairly recently here too. Still waiting to hear back. Has anyone gotten any preselects yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:35 pm

I think you guys are okay. Registered back in June, before I even had spring grades... Updated around Jun 20th with new grades. Have gotten three so far, all came this week.

FWIW, I think I've been invited fairly early because I've basically had my pick of all available times with each. Or maybe I just hover over my inbox more than the typical law student.

Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I think you guys are okay. Registered back in June, before I even had spring grades... Updated around Jun 20th with new grades. Have gotten three so far, all came this week.
:shock: Anon, can you tell us your school/rank? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 am

Anonymous User wrote: Anon, can you tell us your school/rank? Thanks!
Sure. For what it's worth: Top 10% at a school in the low 20's. AA male. No mock, no moot, no journal.

Not sure if it's worth drawing comparisons on just numbers though because I'm probably IP Secure... MS in EE, BS in CompSci, top secret clearance and 4 years at Northrop.

Hope it helps anyway.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sure. For what it's worth: Top 10% at a school in the low 20's. AA male. No mock, no moot, no journal.

Not sure if it's worth drawing comparisons on just numbers though because I'm probably IP Secure... MS in EE, BS in CompSci, top secret clearance and 4 years at Northrop.

Hope it helps anyway.
And only 3 preselects so far? Bodes bad for us.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:40 am

So you just get your pre-selects by e-mail?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Hope it helps anyway.
And only 3 preselects so far? Bodes bad for us.
So cynical... but I suppose it can't be helped ITE. Two more this morning. I think the firms are just doing it at their own pace.
Anonymous User wrote:So you just get your pre-selects by e-mail?
So far, yes. Some responses have come directly from Vault's built in interview set-up thingy which gives a link to Accept/Decline; others have been e-mails directly from recruiters attempting to gauge interest before sending the impersonal form invite.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 pm

I registered several weeks ago, and I just got my first invite today. It looks like they give you 48 hours to confirm the interview, so slots may open up all the way up to the actual event.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I registered several weeks ago, and I just got my first invite today. It looks like they give you 48 hours to confirm the interview, so slots may open up all the way up to the actual event.
Stats?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I registered several weeks ago, and I just got my first invite today. It looks like they give you 48 hours to confirm the interview, so slots may open up all the way up to the actual event.
Stats?
Above median, maybe top 1/3 at a T10.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Just got my first interview invite today. Talk about last minute!

Stats: 3L, Top 1/3, LR, T25 school

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Submitted a week or so ago, didn't hear anything, well above median at a t14...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”