Solo practice right out of law school? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Geon

Bronze

Re: Solo practice right out of law school?

Post by Geon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 pm

ruski wrote:
Geon wrote:
part of this was/is cultural to jew people
the "is" in your statement pretty much proved you're a bigot. even if the rest of the post might be historically accurate, that one word revealed your racist intentions pretty clearly. your description pretty much described ALL immigrants who move here. except jews havent been immigrants for the better part of a century.

and as for your claim to be helping minorities by pointing this out, it looks like we've been doing fairly well without your help thanks.
I understand you are a russian jew, I am learning more about your people everyday, I understand where your anger comes from but I am learning how to deal with that kind of behaviour without responding in a rude or uncivil way.

Part of the cultural stereotypes about jews have to do with their culture. There is nothing racist about that, that is true of almost all cultural stereotypes.

Of course immigrants have traditionally had a harder time getting jobs in elite areas of the country. The exception i see is Silicon Valley where lots of foreigners seem to get ahead quickly.

Geon

Bronze

Post by Geon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:57 pm

ruski wrote:its the same reason why no one hires black people. its because they all come to the interview looking like steve harvey and they refer to all the secretaries/receptionists in the office as "shawty."
People who don't hire blacks, mexicans or Natives are usually just racist and it has little to do with their behaviour. In fact generally for a black or a Hispanic to even make it to an interview at that level means they are usually pretty clean cut and well behaved. Are there blacks who act loud and crass, o yes, plenty, but those ones probably never even bother to go to law school or into finance. The best example I can think of people will know, is think of the black people on tv shows like the apprentice, not the celebrity apprentice, just regular apprentice. You rarely see one of those kind of blacks you are talking about on that show if not ever. Whereas the negative stereotypical jew, who dresses bad or speaks loud, rude, crass and argumentative appears almost ever season without end.

ruski

Bronze

Post by ruski » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:12 pm

yea dude i was trying to show you how ridiculous you sound.

LOLyer

Bronze

Post by LOLyer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 pm

:shock: Really, guys?

Geon

Bronze

Post by Geon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 pm

ruski wrote:yea dude i was trying to show you how ridiculous you sound.
Well lets just agree to disagree, we are not going to see eye to eye and any further argument would just derail the thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Geon wrote:
Well lets just agree to disagree, we are not going to see eye to eye and any further argument would just derail the thread.
Don't worry, you fucking did that already.

Geon

Bronze

Post by Geon » Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 am

Tanicius wrote:
Geon wrote:
Don't worry, you fucking did that already.
Thats what she said :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Legal Employment”