Help.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Reds622

Help.

Postby Reds622 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Couple of questions for anyone who is willing to answer. 1L here, I had an interview with a civil litigation firm this morning. I met with one of the partners, who seemed to like me I suppose. I can be a tad quiet sometimes, but I did not make a full out of myself, and the interview itself was rather informal. He kept telling me throughout the interview about the different things that I would be doing in the firm, asked when I would want to start, introduced me to one of the other partners.. Do you think this is a good sign that I will be able to work there? If I do get the job, what should I do to prepare for it? I really want to make a strong impression, and do very good work. Its civil litigation, I have taken Civ Pro, but honestly Im just a first year student.. with no legal experience. Anyone have any advice? Thanks a ton.

Reds622

Re: Help.

Postby Reds622 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Reds622 wrote:Couple of questions for anyone who is willing to answer. 1L here, I had an interview with a civil litigation firm this morning. I met with one of the partners, who seemed to like me I suppose. I can be a tad quiet sometimes, but I did not make a full out of myself, and the interview itself was rather informal. He kept telling me throughout the interview about the different things that I would be doing in the firm, asked when I would want to start, introduced me to one of the other partners.. Do you think this is a good sign that I will be able to work there? If I do get the job, what should I do to prepare for it? I really want to make a strong impression, and do very good work. Its civil litigation, I have taken Civ Pro, but honestly Im just a first year student.. with no legal experience. Anyone have any advice? Thanks a ton.

Anyone?? Please?

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Reds622 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:Couple of questions for anyone who is willing to answer. 1L here, I had an interview with a civil litigation firm this morning. I met with one of the partners, who seemed to like me I suppose. I can be a tad quiet sometimes, but I did not make a full out of myself, and the interview itself was rather informal. He kept telling me throughout the interview about the different things that I would be doing in the firm, asked when I would want to start, introduced me to one of the other partners.. Do you think this is a good sign that I will be able to work there? If I do get the job, what should I do to prepare for it? I really want to make a strong impression, and do very good work. Its civil litigation, I have taken Civ Pro, but honestly Im just a first year student.. with no legal experience. Anyone have any advice? Thanks a ton.

Anyone?? Please?

Send a thank you note, drink a beer, take a nap, apply for more jobs, and study for finals before you blow your GPA and any chance you have at actual OCI.

patentlaworbust

Postby patentlaworbust » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Sounds positive. Follow up with him in a thank you email and start a conversation about when you'll be starting and what the details of your employment/internship will be.

As for preparing yourself, there's not a whole heck of a lot you can do as this point in time. Their decision to (possibly) hire you is NOT because of your wealth of litigation experience--you don't have any--but rather because they think you have potential to do good work. You'll learn what you need to when you're on the job.

Stop worrying about it. Study for finals. Get good grades.

HTH

Return to “Legal Employment”