Work Schedule for Texas Biglaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Work Schedule for Texas Biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

What is the workweek schedule like for Texas biglaw (e.g. V&E, BB, JD) for full time associates?

Anonymous User

Re: Work Schedule for Texas Biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:51 am

i have a buddy at one of the three u mentioned. they work pretty hard according to him. he said he's on track to bill around 2100. def no walk in the park. he's also a gunner though. people i know who have gone from nyc --> tx say its not as bad as nyc though. but still pretty rough.

Anonymous User

Re: Work Schedule for Texas Biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:What is the workweek schedule like for Texas biglaw (e.g. V&E, BB, JD) for full time associates?

Each firm will be different. Even within the firm. I have friends at Haynes & Boone Dallas that work completely different hours. One is in the labor & employment group and she works from 8 to 8 and half days on saturdays. Another is in the tax group and she works 8 to 6 and one Saturday a month. A former classmate is in the litigation section and he works 9 to 6 unless there is an upcoming trial; but another associate in the same section works from 8 to 9 most days.

It all depends on which partners you work for. Some are humans others could care less about your personal life. If you are really concerned about bad hours, avoid places like Weil, Gibson Dunn, Susman, Bickel Brewer, and McKool Smith.

Return to “Legal Employment”