Anyone Not Heard Much From Their SA Firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone Not Heard Much From Their SA Firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 am

2L going to a NYC V20. Other than a questionaire in January, have had radio silence from them. (Not Dewey). I wouldn't be concerned or even care, but friends at other firms have received almost weekly correspondence, in the form of firm newsletters, updates from HR, etc.

I am probably just real paranoid, but is anyone else in the same boat? I am the only person at my school heading to this firm, so there isn't anyone to compare to other than friends going to other shops. Maybe its just exam time anxiety, but I am moving to a new city, have had to put down $ for a place, and make moving arrangements. I am not the type of person that needs hand holding, generally, but a little love from HR would be nice right now.

ben4847

Re: Anyone Not Heard Much From Their SA Firm?

Postby ben4847 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:2L going to a NYC V20. Other than a questionaire in January, have had radio silence from them. (Not Dewey). I wouldn't be concerned or even care, but friends at other firms have received almost weekly correspondence, in the form of firm newsletters, updates from HR, etc.

I am probably just real paranoid, but is anyone else in the same boat? I am the only person at my school heading to this firm, so there isn't anyone to compare to other than friends going to other shops. Maybe its just exam time anxiety, but I am moving to a new city, have had to put down $ for a place, and make moving arrangements. I am not the type of person that needs hand holding, generally, but a little love from HR would be nice right now.

you should speak to health services

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 am

Just shoot HR an email, checking in. I hadn't heard anything from mine, so I sent an email, asking if there was any paperwork I needed to fill out beforehand. Got a nice reply, telling me when things would start to move, and put my mind at ease.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 am

Mine isn't doing anything either. They didn't even confirm the start date I picked. No big deal. They are busy.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 am

What is a V20?

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:2L going to a NYC V20. Other than a questionaire in January, have had radio silence from them. (Not Dewey).

LOL. As other poasters have intimated, some firms don't start revving things up until May (IIRC, I didn't hear anything until very late April/early May).

If you have burning questions, then call recruiting/HR. In all likelihood they're not evil, nor will they laugh at you.

It sounds like you've got your housing squared-away, which is often the biggest headache, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just finish exams, enjoy your time off, and get ready for an incredible summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:What is a V20?

Anyone who says "V20" should really be saying "V11-20" because you know they are just trying to get as close as possible to that V10 label...kinda like saying T6 (we know they don't mean HYS) :)

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 am

If you really need some human contact, I would call to try to confirm your start date. It is a completely legitimate question, since it impacts housing, vacations, and other decisions. I hadn't heard anything from my firm (mid-sized) but when I called up they were super nice.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Anyone who says "V20" should really be saying "V11-20" because you know they are just trying to get as close as possible to that V10 label...kinda like saying T6 (we know they don't mean HYS) :)

Everyone know the V13 is the most-elite band of firms.

Cupidity wrote:If you really need some human contact, I would call to try to confirm your start date. It is a completely legitimate question, since it impacts housing, vacations, and other decisions. I hadn't heard anything from my firm (mid-sized) but when I called up they were super nice.

Asking what forms of ID they'll need for your paperwork because you'll need your parents to send them to you is also a legit question.

Detrox

Postby Detrox » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Anyone who says "V20" should really be saying "V11-20" because you know they are just trying to get as close as possible to that V10... V5... V3 ... Wachtell label...kinda like saying T6 (we know they don't mean HYS) :)

Return to “Legal Employment”