More important for Crim Defense - Evidence or Crim Pro?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Always Credited

Re: More important for Crim Defense - Evidence or Crim Pro?

Postby Always Credited » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 am

leobowski wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Well, I was hoping I could learn evidence in barbri which seems to be the case based on whats been said in this thread. No point in studying the E&E if its going to be so state specific.

Evidence isn't really state-specific. IIRC 40+ states have based their rules around the FRE. If you learn the FRE, you will have a good grasp at the basics and then it will be easier to pick up the minor state-specific variations. It was a really valuable class for me, but your experience may vary.

Having done courtroom work in 3 states now, unless I've been extremely unlucky in landing outside of those 40, the rules and procedures varied quite a bit.

But I'm not talking about the foundational shit. Hearsay will be hearsay, leading is leading.

uci2013

Postby uci2013 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:25 am

In CA I would say evidence because you can be certified to appear in Court while taking evidence, but you don't need crim pro to be certified. Some states require both to be able to appear in court as a student. Your state appears to be different, because it is hard to get a FT position in the PD or DA office if you aren't able to get certification here.

And you have a FT paid position, or a FT externship? I am curious to know what state you are in. But I understand not wanting to share.

ginalove

Postby ginalove » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 am

Take Crim Pro so you can lick it like a pro

-edited by mod-

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:35 am

ginalove wrote:Take Crim Pro so you can lick it like a pro

[img]

LOL

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:40 am

How much money would it take for you to lick a hairy asshole?

Return to “Legal Employment”