FT -> PT to be in OCI again? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

FT -> PT to be in OCI again?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:54 pm

I entered law school in the PT program and was FT my 2L. I missed out on big law during OCI. Since then I have increased my rank from the top 25% -> top 10%. I got a big jump because of a bad grade really weighted down my GPA during 1L. Would it be worth spending another year in school? I know it's a big risk, but it would be awesome to get another shot at it. I got 1 call back out of 6 screens last OCI.

Anonymous User

Re: FT -> PT to be in OCI again?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:58 pm

At my school, you only get one bite at the apple. PT students can choose to do OCI during either 1L or 2L. Check with your school to see if this is even possible. If it is, it very well may be worth it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 pm

op--

i just thought about it last night so i haven't gotten a chacne to ask the career office. However, I do know of a classmate that got another shot at OCI because he enrolled in a LLM. but it would make sense for them to prevent this gaming for ft to pt transfers : (

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:10 pm

I bet OCS is open right now. Phone them and find out - no reason to be speculating here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”