Maintaining ties to a partner Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Maintaining ties to a partner

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:27 am

Met a partner at a big firm last year in odd circumstances(basically was a good samaritan to him without knowing who he was) and we hit it off. Sent him a follow up email at the time, but haven't really spoken since.

I was just wondering what's a good way to keep up contact? Obviously partners are busy so I want to send something substantive but can't think of anything - he hasn't been involved in anything in the news anytime recently, and I already asked him about an award he won in school.

Thoughts?

Edit: with write-on coming up, I was considering asking him about his time on law review(he's an alum).

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: Maintaining ties to a partner

Post by LawIdiot86 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:50 am

Every three to six months is good for dropping a line to ask a question about smething related. I like the law review angle, just remember that he may have graded on to his law review or been a walk-on, so you don't want to set up an uncomfortable situation by assuming he wrote on.

Anonymous User

Re: Maintaining ties to a partner

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks, I hedged in the email to not assume that he wrote on.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”