Hours? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Hours?

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 am

What would be a reasonable amount of work to do over the summer regarding hours? I have a 6 credit externship that is supposed to be 40 hrs/wk, but I also want to get a small amount of money. I was thinking about a part time job (10 hrs/week) either as a RA or a dance teacher. Is that going to be overextending myself if I also want to do the Law Review competition? I know 50 hours a week isn't too terribly much, but it IS the summer, and I'd like to see my boyfriend more than in the morning and right before we go to sleep.

pillowpet

New

Re: Hours?

Post by pillowpet » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 pm

it's the summer, so I would try to enjoy the "free" time. For me personally, that 10 hours of extra time is worth way more than getting paid $15/hr or whatever (unless you really like dancing).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”