Too late for NALP reimbursement? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too late for NALP reimbursement?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:51 pm

I am a 1L and received an offer from a firm about 2 months ago, and accepted the offer two weeks later. However, at this point, I have not returned the NALP reimbursement form to this firm (which is also my host firm).

Is it too late to send it in? I am hesitant to do so at this point at the risk of appearing inefficient.

Any opinions, and especially experiences, are appreciated.

choochoo

Bronze

Re: Too late for NALP reimbursement?

Post by choochoo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I am also interested in this except I'm a 2L and interviewed back in Sept/Oct and didn't receive an offer from this particular firm...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 pm

I was told to submit the form within 30 days.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 pm

It will probably make you look disorganized, although it's probably only HR that will even know you did it (unless they think it's really funny and tell the hiring partner or something). I probably wouldn't do it. They are already paying you 31k to work there over the summer.

truevines

Bronze

Post by truevines » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am a 1L and received an offer from a firm about 2 months ago, and accepted the offer two weeks later. However, at this point, I have not returned the NALP reimbursement form to this firm (which is also my host firm).

Is it too late to send it in? I am hesitant to do so at this point at the risk of appearing inefficient.

Any opinions, and especially experiences, are appreciated.

Direct this question to your legal recruiter (who handles law students and OCI matters). Do not bring this up to the hiring partner.

In general, it's okay to look "bad" in front of your legal recruiter (after you're offered) - he or she is supposedly to see you through your summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 pm

From my understanding this stuff is pretty slack. A firm whose offer I turned down sent me my check almost a year after I submitted the form. I was too lazy to check up on it and clearly it wasn't bothering them.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:26 pm

wiseowl wrote:From my understanding this stuff is pretty slack. A firm whose offer I turned down sent me my check almost a year after I submitted the form. I was too lazy to check up on it and clearly it wasn't bothering them.
Yeah, got a check this week from an October 2010 interview. They forgot to send it and were doing their unclaimed property review.

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Just had a steak tonight. Reminded me of the time that I went to Del Frisco's in midtown MFH for a steak during OGI trip, and sent the $250 bill to the firms. NALP.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”