Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 pm

I asked to split with a foreign office, but they haven't let me know either way yet. I was sort of ruling it out since it's getting so close to the start date. Also indicated interest in splitting between the firm and JPM / Credit Suisse. For upcoming summers: Has anybody heard back? For past summers: When did you hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I asked to split with a foreign office, but they haven't let me know either way yet. I was sort of ruling it out since it's getting so close to the start date. Also indicated interest in splitting between the firm and JPM / Credit Suisse. For upcoming summers: Has anybody heard back? For past summers: When did you hear?


They didn't get back to me about my split until way later than this last year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I asked to split with a foreign office, but they haven't let me know either way yet. I was sort of ruling it out since it's getting so close to the start date. Also indicated interest in splitting between the firm and JPM / Credit Suisse. For upcoming summers: Has anybody heard back? For past summers: When did you hear?


They didn't get back to me about my split until way later than this last year.


Ah, ok. Just seems like all my friends at other firms who wanted to split foreign offices have known for weeks now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Some people have already heard back about foreign splits.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Some people have already heard back about foreign splits.


Do you mind saying where?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Some people have already heard back about foreign splits.


Do you mind saying where?


HK and London heard back weeks ago, not sure about other offices.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Some people have already heard back about foreign splits.


Do you mind saying where?


HK and London heard back weeks ago, not sure about other offices.


Looks like I can chalk it up to a "no" then. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Q for (potential / past) Davis Polk summer splitters

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Some people have already heard back about foreign splits.


Do you mind saying where?


HK and London heard back weeks ago, not sure about other offices.


Looks like I can chalk it up to a "no" then. Thanks!



Madrid too. And I've heard Paris but not directly from the source.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.