2L doomed - heartbroken right b4 finals.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2L doomed - heartbroken right b4 finals.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:31 am

OP.

Yes i have a job lined up, but a midsized firm that offer isnt given away, must be earned (close to market salary though). Its easy to say drown yourself in work to forget about the pain, but its so hard to concentrate and focus. Studying is a lonely process in the first place.

In any event, at least this thread made me laugh.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

Last edited by rad lulz on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

Shoeshine is a severely underrated poster.

OP, feel bad for you. Call me if you need to talk.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Finals in 3 weeks, havent outlined, and bf just broke up with me after 2 years. now what... i cant concentrate on anything.

This happened to me 1L year.

I coped by surrounding myself constantly with my friends and forcing myself to study as much as possible and also asked my friends to encourage me to study. It turned out a-okay.

You'll be fine. Good luck to you.

lobolawyer

Postby lobolawyer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:41 am

BeenDidThat wrote:Po' up and bump this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxwb3_W3jdc

Chop'd up not slop'd up.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 am

Get real mad at him. Anger is the best motivator I know.

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:49 am

He's just not that into you.

moose

Postby moose » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am

I sympathize w/ the OP. All this advice bout moving on and studying is correct, but easier said than done.

I got dumped just before finals my junior year,...lost 15 pounds and grades took a nosedive. Silver lining was that she tried to get back w/ me a year later and I shot her down beautifully. Best of luck OP.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Happened to me during 1L.

Give yourself one last night to mope and mourn whatever. Listen to sad music, eat ice cream, drink wine, cry, etc. But only tonight.

Tomorrow get it the fuck together. The semester is almost over, you need to man up and power through it.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:32 pm

You sort of have no choice but to bury yourself in the work, and use it as a distraction. All the more reason to dedicate every second to it, since any break you take will only allow your mind to revert to negative thoughts. So just jump in headfirst to your work, use it as a numbing agent, use your anger as motivation, and then let it all out when finals end.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP.

Yes i have a job lined up, but a midsized firm that offer isnt given away, must be earned (close to market salary though). Its easy to say drown yourself in work to forget about the pain, but its so hard to concentrate and focus. Studying is a lonely process in the first place.

I'm sorry, but do you masterbate? Try to masterbate. Really takes the mind off the opposite sex for a good 30 minutes or so.

truevines

Postby truevines » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP.

I'm sorry, but do you masterbate? Try to masterbate. Really takes the mind off the opposite sex for a good 30 minutes or so.

I thought that only worked for men and the cooling-off wore off in 3 minutes.

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Keep your head up and make sure to take care of yourself. I know it may sound difficult, but force yourself to eat well and get yourself to the gym everyday.

If you have close friends you can lean on now is the time, but do so sparringly. Don't let this consume you! There will be tough moments ahead in life, and you can assume that as an attorney they will come and inopportune moments (trust me, I work as a litigation paralegal and I have seen some attorneys lose their parents right before major trials).

This too shall pass, and you shall overcome.

Congratulations on the job offer!

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Retail therapy.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 pm

wasn't there supposed to be a sex tape?

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm

shoeshine wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:4. Roll past her house in a Lamborghini with two super models so she realizes how poor a strategic choice she has made.

I think her bf is a boy.

Yes but if you turn the "she" into "he" this is still awesome advice.

Awesomer, in fact, as he thinks about all the hypothetical threesomes he missed out on and goes and cries.

lolzlaw

Postby lolzlaw » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 pm

spleenworship wrote:
shoeshine wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:4. Roll past her house in a Lamborghini with two super models so she realizes how poor a strategic choice she has made.

I think her bf is a boy.

Awesomer, in fact, as he thinks about all the hypothetical threesomes he missed out on and goes and cries.

OMG, perfect revenge!

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 pm

lolzlaw wrote:
spleenworship wrote:
shoeshine wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:
I think her bf is a boy.

OMG, perfect revenge!

The need to make this comment is what drove you to create an account?

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:29 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
lolzlaw wrote:
spleenworship wrote:
shoeshine wrote:

OMG, perfect revenge!

The need to make this comment is what drove you to create an account?

I'm inspiring.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Serious advice that might be bad advice but because everyone in here suddenly became a douchebag:

Start some serious drama in another aspect of your life. Like...post on your law school section facebook page that X should stop gunning because it is fucking annoying. Or get a dramatic new hair cut.

I think this could put a 20 day bandage on your emotions. Instead of talking to like 50 people about how you feel, suddenly you get all this attention that isnt the same as rebounding off the next guy and feeling worse the next day

lol i know this sounds like such a flame but i got dumped in high schoolonce and coudln't get over it and was miserable for like a full year. i can't imagine getting dumped/cheated on 3 weeks before finals.

bols

quiver

Postby quiver » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:56 pm

bartleby wrote:Serious advice that might be bad advice but because everyone in here suddenly became a douchebag:

Start some serious drama in another aspect of your life. Like...post on your law school section facebook page that X should stop gunning because it is fucking annoying. Or get a dramatic new hair cut.

I think this could put a 20 day bandage on your emotions. Instead of talking to like 50 people about how you feel, suddenly you get all this attention that isnt the same as rebounding off the next guy and feeling worse the next day

lol i know this sounds like such a flame but i got dumped in high schoolonce and coudln't get over it and was miserable for like a full year. i can't imagine getting dumped/cheated on 3 weeks before finals.

bols
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So now the OP is supposed to make everyone in her section hate her and that will get her mind off the break up? Yeah, not buying that.

OP, sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there and try to focus on work like the other posters said. Just keep it together for a few more weeks and then you can sort things out emotionally after finals. I know it's tough but your future self will thank your present self if you can keep from self-destructing.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:59 pm

quiver wrote:
bartleby wrote:Serious advice that might be bad advice but because everyone in here suddenly became a douchebag:

bols
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So now the OP is supposed to make everyone in her section hate her and that will get her mind off the break up? Yeah, not buying that.

OP, sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there and try to focus on work like the other posters said. Just keep it together for a few more weeks and then you can sort things out emotionally after finals. I know it's tough but your future self will thank your present self if you can keep from self-destructing.

because she'd be posting on anonymously on a message board for that great advice. it may sounds dumb but i think it works. no one will hate you but the gunner. or you could just get the drastic hair cut. you need attention right now unrelated to break up. and to study.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:00 am

People need to study more than 1 day for 2L finals? Why not just memorize a friend's old outline and enjoy your B+?

LOLyer

Postby LOLyer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 pm

shoeshine wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Make a sex tape w you and his best friend ASAP. Forward it to him.

This was done to me. I forwarded it on to a few more people. It spread like wildfire. She regretted it badly.

Public disclosure of private facts? :|

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:29 pm

i thought shoeshine was Ken until I read the avatar... smh.. Should've known Ken wouldn't admit to being on the receiving end of a revenge sex tape

Return to “Legal Employment”