Loyola Patent Fair 2012 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jgalgano

New

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Post by jgalgano » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 pm

So if a firm tells you they hope to have an answer by the end of the week and that week has passed and it is now Tuesday.... is it a good idea to call/email them to follow up?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

So how did everyone turn out, post Loyola? Anyone end up accepting an offer from a firm they met at the fair? It might be helpful for future PLIP applicants if we posted some stats, class year, number of screeners, CBs, offers, etc. from PLIP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So how did everyone turn out, post Loyola? Anyone end up accepting an offer from a firm they met at the fair? It might be helpful for future PLIP applicants if we posted some stats, class year, number of screeners, CBs, offers, etc. from PLIP.
Still waiting on half of the CBs, and actually some screeners!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any fitzpatrick news post cb?
Dinged recently. A week or so post CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So how did everyone turn out, post Loyola? Anyone end up accepting an offer from a firm they met at the fair? It might be helpful for future PLIP applicants if we posted some stats, class year, number of screeners, CBs, offers, etc. from PLIP.
I accepted an offer I got from PLIP. NU, 2L, top 40%, secondary journal, 10 screeners, 5 CBs, accepted my first offer so no idea how the other CBs would have turned out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I accepted an offer I got from PLIP. NU, 2L, top 40%, secondary journal, 10 screeners, 5 CBs, accepted my first offer so no idea how the other CBs would have turned out.
I accepted an offer I got from PLIP as well. T20, 3L, seconary journal, 7 screeners, 5 CBs, accepted first offer as well so no idea how the other CBs turned out either. Congrats! What market will you be in? My firm is in Chicago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:21 pm

MVP. straight through. bottom 40%. secondary journal
5 screeners. 3 cbs. 1 on hold and eventually rejected.
2/3 cbs resulted in offers. accepted one of those offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:30 pm

2L, T14, 25%, Eng. (non EE)

13 Screeners
5 CB (1 offer, 2 withdrawn app post CB, 2 declined CB)
Accepted the offer from PLIP

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I accepted an offer I got from PLIP as well. T20, 3L, seconary journal, 7 screeners, 5 CBs, accepted first offer as well so no idea how the other CBs turned out either. Congrats! What market will you be in? My firm is in Chicago.
Thanks, and congrats to you, too, and everyone else who posted with their offers! I'll be in Chicago, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:06 pm

T25, 25%, 11 screeners at PLIP, 1 CB, no offer from that. Oddly enough, I have 3 CBs with firms who were at PLIP, but I instead interviewed with at my school's OCI. Haven't been on any of them yet.

onebigfamily

New

Post by onebigfamily » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:45 pm

May I ask when you interviewed with them? Do you know how many associates they are planning to have for 2013?
Anonymous User wrote:Brinks Offer, 3L!!!!!!!! so. freaking. happy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 pm

onebigfamily wrote:May I ask when you interviewed with them? Do you know how many associates they are planning to have for 2013?
Anonymous User wrote:Brinks Offer, 3L!!!!!!!! so. freaking. happy.
PM sent.

ehshornet

New

Post by ehshornet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks, and congrats to you, too, and everyone else who posted with their offers! I'll be in Chicago, too.
For the peeps who accepted offers in Chicago, feel free to message me! As someone who is out of state, I would love to connect with people who will be out there as I will hardly know anyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jgalgano

New

Post by jgalgano » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:37 pm

2L, PhD, 8 screeners, 3 CB's, 1 offer .... all that matters!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Finally coming to an end.

2L, lower T14, below median, CS.

18 screeners, 6 callbacks (went on 4), 2 offers.

Took an offer from OCI instead.

jgalgano

New

Post by jgalgano » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Interested to know who accepted a summer associate offer with Sterne Kessler? PM me if you did, thanks!

Agent

Bronze

Post by Agent » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 am

Is it just me, or does it seem like 2012 PLIP yielded fewer offers than 2011 PLIP?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”