Loyola Patent Fair 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 am

Any 3Ls have a CB with Brinks and hear back from them yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any 3Ls have a CB with Brinks and hear back from them yet?


Same poster. Just got a letter in the mail stating that the firm handles hiring decisions by the entire hiring committee and that they meet periodically. As a result, it has resulted in a somewhat longer response period. However, the delay does not reflect the status of the application and that they hope to get back to me shortly.

I'm assuming this is the equivalent of a "hold?" Did any other 3L or 2L get this letter? Have they sent out rejections?

I am still excited about Brinks Hofer...but this waiting game is no fun. I'm sure being a 3L has something to do with it...At least it is not a reject, which is what I had expected since the correspondence was in the form of a letter (and not a phone call or email).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Hate to butt in, but I screened with Brinks as a 3L through my school's OCI and have heard silence since. Would it be possible to PM me with your turnaround time from PLIP to CB? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hate to butt in, but I screened with Brinks as a 3L through my school's OCI and have heard silence since. Would it be possible to PM me with your turnaround time from PLIP to CB? Thanks!


When was your school's OCI? I met with them through PLIP on a Friday and I got my CB email the following Monday. So a weekend turn around?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Hmm I'm either on some kind of CB hold or a ding is in the mail according to that schedule!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any 3Ls have a CB with Brinks and hear back from them yet?


Same poster. Just got a letter in the mail stating that the firm handles hiring decisions by the entire hiring committee and that they meet periodically. As a result, it has resulted in a somewhat longer response period. However, the delay does not reflect the status of the application and that they hope to get back to me shortly.

I'm assuming this is the equivalent of a "hold?" Did any other 3L or 2L get this letter? Have they sent out rejections?

I am still excited about Brinks Hofer...but this waiting game is no fun. I'm sure being a 3L has something to do with it...At least it is not a reject, which is what I had expected since the correspondence was in the form of a letter (and not a phone call or email).


what's your take on Brinks? i saw some negative posts about the firm and just curious if you know more about it

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any 3Ls have a CB with Brinks and hear back from them yet?


Same poster. Just got a letter in the mail stating that the firm handles hiring decisions by the entire hiring committee and that they meet periodically. As a result, it has resulted in a somewhat longer response period. However, the delay does not reflect the status of the application and that they hope to get back to me shortly.

I'm assuming this is the equivalent of a "hold?" Did any other 3L or 2L get this letter? Have they sent out rejections?

I am still excited about Brinks Hofer...but this waiting game is no fun. I'm sure being a 3L has something to do with it...At least it is not a reject, which is what I had expected since the correspondence was in the form of a letter (and not a phone call or email).


what's your take on Brinks? i saw some negative posts about the firm and just curious if you know more about it


I thought they were super nice, and I can't wait to hear back from them. I think they have a great strategic vision and lots of opportunities to grow with the firm. I like that you have the option to do both prosecution and litigation. They might have laid off some attorneys a few years ago, but I think the fact that they are actively recruiting shows that this is no longer a problem. Everyone I spoke with commented on the current growth of the firm, especially in my practice area.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Leydig CB Email Just now!! 3L here.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Leydig CB Email Just now!! 3L here.



after almost a month of silence? nice

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Leydig CB Email Just now!! 3L here.



after almost a month of silence? nice


They did say to me that I should not be worried if it would take 2-3 weeks to get back to me. They said they wanted to go through OCI first before making any decisions. So the month of silence was expected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Woodard Call back via phone! 3L here

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:32 pm

anyone hear from hogan sf post cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm

any fitzpatrick news post cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Baker Botts NY post-cb?


Got an offer yesterday. I think the hiring partners met to discuss SA offers for the first time yesterday.


Life science or EE? Thanks.


ChemE background

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:25 am

Anybody hear from MBHB post-callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Just got a CB from Brinks, 2L, I guess they must be doing a second round.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Bump.

Any more movement going on? How are people with call backs doing? Any post-rejection CBs? If so, which firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Baker Botts post cb rejection, NY, Life sciences.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Baker Botts post cb rejection, NY, Life sciences.


I am sorry to hear that :(

Mine was 3 weeks ago, still no words. I guess it's coming...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 pm

How about Brinks or SKGF, post CB? Interviewed with both of these and still have nothing...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 pm

They do it by snail mail. So, keep alert and check your mail box (hope you won't find it there).

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Baker Botts post cb rejection, NY, Life sciences.


I am sorry to hear that :(

Mine was 3 weeks ago, still no words. I guess it's coming...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump.

Any more movement going on? How are people with call backs doing? Any post-rejection CBs? If so, which firms?


Three offers from PLIP, two in Boston, one in Hartford. Top 25% at BU/BC. Went 3/7 getting CB (and offers from all three CB) with two dings and two no answers from PLIP.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 am

mind sharing which firm and whether EE or Biotech?

Thanks!

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump.

Any more movement going on? How are people with call backs doing? Any post-rejection CBs? If so, which firms?


Three offers from PLIP, two in Boston, one in Hartford. Top 25% at BU/BC. Went 3/7 getting CB (and offers from all three CB) with two dings and two no answers from PLIP.

jgalgano
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby jgalgano » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 pm

CB interview with SKGF last Friday. Was told that they have not made any offers yet and have only made CB's from PLIP. Said I should hear something within 2 weeks but not to be surprised if I do not hear in 3. FYI: I am a 2L and interviewed with their biotech group; I have a PhD in CE.

They are looking to hire 8-10 summer associates with 2-4 going to their biotech group.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:mind sharing which firm and whether EE or Biotech?

Thanks!



Post on your name and I'll shoot you a PM.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.