Loyola Patent Fair 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've only heard back from 15/17 of my screeners, feeling extremely frustrated from the total silence. Anyone else in a similar boat? Both the firms I heard back from were CBs, so at least that's keeping my hopes barely alive, but it seems odd to have heard literally nothing from almost every firm. Almost all smaller west coast prosecution places, with a few big firms.


do you mean that you've only heard from 2, and you are missing 15?


Yeah, oops, heard back from 2/17.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've only heard back from 2/17 of my screeners, feeling extremely frustrated from the total silence. Anyone else in a similar boat? Both the firms I heard back from were CBs, so at least that's keeping my hopes barely alive, but it seems odd to have heard literally nothing from almost every firm. Almost all smaller west coast prosecution places, with a few big firms.


Smaller firms take longer, and west coast firms take longer.

But you sure you put the right address on your resume?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Any Goodwin Procter Boston dings yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've only heard back from 2/17 of my screeners, feeling extremely frustrated from the total silence. Anyone else in a similar boat? Both the firms I heard back from were CBs, so at least that's keeping my hopes barely alive, but it seems odd to have heard literally nothing from almost every firm. Almost all smaller west coast prosecution places, with a few big firms.


Smaller firms take longer, and west coast firms take longer.

But you sure you put the right address on your resume?


Haha I dug out my resume to make sure and yes, though my bidding resume did have an old address that is being forwarded to my new one, so some firms may have used that accidentally. Just heard from a 3rd firm with a CB, so my spirits are lifted since it had been total silence since the Monday after the fair. I guess I'll just have to be patient

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got a ding from goodwin proctor (sf) yesterday


Email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Goodwin Procter Boston dings yet?
Yes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:49 pm

hogan dc call

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Is there a protocol for informing LPIP interviewers that you have received and accepted an offer from another firm (offer was from my 2L SA in my target market and I loved the firm)? Ordinarily, I would assume that I should just wait, but I think that it might be beneficial to both interviewers and interviewees to let them know now, so that if there is a chance of another getting a call-back, that they might get it. :shock:

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there a protocol for informing LPIP interviewers that you have received and accepted an offer from another firm (offer was from my 2L SA in my target market and I loved the firm)? Ordinarily, I would assume that I should just wait, but I think that it might be beneficial to both interviewers and interviewees to let them know now, so that if there is a chance of another getting a call-back, that they might get it. :shock:


If you already have the CB, drop it tomorrow morning. If you don't, just don't accept the CB when they call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there a protocol for informing LPIP interviewers that you have received and accepted an offer from another firm (offer was from my 2L SA in my target market and I loved the firm)? Ordinarily, I would assume that I should just wait, but I think that it might be beneficial to both interviewers and interviewees to let them know now, so that if there is a chance of another getting a call-back, that they might get it. :shock:


If you already have the CB, drop it tomorrow morning. If you don't, just don't accept the CB when they call.


OP above, will do. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Goodwin Procter Boston dings yet?
Yes.


Email or snail mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am

offer! yay for this fair.
in the middle of school's oci now

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:offer! yay for this fair.
in the middle of school's oci now


uh... which firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:offer! yay for this fair.
in the middle of school's oci now


Congratulations!! That is awesome!! Any chance we can get the firm name?!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:offer! yay for this fair.
in the middle of school's oci now


uh... which firm?


Also, 2L or 3L? I am presuming 2L?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Any people who did Kirkland NY callbacks from Loyola hear back on offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Kirkland - offer yesterday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Dykema rejection by snail mail.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby fatduck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

jones ding (email, dc)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Foley Lardner ding by email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Goodwin Procter Boston dings yet?
Yes.


Email or snail mail?
Email last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:offer! yay for this fair.
in the middle of school's oci now


uh... which firm?


Also, 2L or 3L? I am presuming 2L?


Goodwin Procter 2L
CA office
had my cb on Monday. got call Thursday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Anyone heard anything from Sughrue Mion yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Jones Day (NY) email ding today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273361
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Stoel Rives Portland CB, also know one person who got a Stoel Rives ding so both are coming out.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.