Loyola Patent Fair 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby stratocophic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:30 pm

fatduck wrote:dropped all the business cards i collected into the jimmy johns weekly drawing bowl. good karma?
180

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:55 pm

stratocophic wrote:
fatduck wrote:dropped all the business cards i collected into the jimmy johns weekly drawing bowl. good karma?
180


175. 180 if Jimmy johns gets a call back at olliff.

User avatar
wiseowl
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby wiseowl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
fatduck wrote:dropped all the business cards i collected into the jimmy johns weekly drawing bowl. good karma?
180


175. 180 if Jimmy johns gets a call back at olliff.


Only if Jimmy Johns can deliver lunch to the same place every day without Internet access.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:58 pm

One recruiter at Sterne Kessler told me they plan on making call back decisions immediately, and that I should here Monday-Wednesday. The other recruiter that I was close with told me I should here from them on Monday. I think a good sign, no? Either way, they will be in touch with the people they like very shortly!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Akin Gump started notifying CBs

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Brinks Hofer said it should be within two weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 pm

One firm said they send out callback offers only after they complete all ocis and have met all candidates.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Akin Gump started notifying CBs

So has Goodwin.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby fatduck » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:One firm said they send out callback offers only after they complete all ocis and have met all candidates.

one firm said they love candidates with tabasco ties

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby stratocophic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:17 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
fatduck wrote:dropped all the business cards i collected into the jimmy johns weekly drawing bowl. good karma?
180


175. 180 if Jimmy johns gets a call back at olliff.


Only if Jimmy Johns can deliver lunch to the same place every day without Internet access.
Ding - jjs is too inefficient either way, they allow their workers to answer the phone to take orders and answer questions. It's a shame, freaky fast delivery would be a perfect fit

OBJ&J LLP, Short Order Sandwich Shoppe and Patenteria

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 pm

What city for the goodwin cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 pm

offers for callbacks are all made via phone calls, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 pm

How dangerous is it to schedule callbacks late, like Aug 20th+ ? OCI is making it difficult to schedule sooner.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How dangerous is it to schedule callbacks late, like Aug 20th+ ? OCI is making it difficult to schedule sooner.


IMO that's not really late because of most OCI dates.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:offers for callbacks are all made via phone calls, right?


I've heard of a firm that does snail mail. But virtually all will call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:offers for callbacks are all made via phone calls, right?


I've heard of a firm that does snail mail. But virtually all will call.
McDonnell does snail, don't think I ever received a call. Got to school 2 weeks after the patent fair and didnt get the letter till then (it had been sitting in my mailbox)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:offers for callbacks are all made via phone calls, right?


I've heard of a firm that does snail mail. But virtually all will call.
McDonnell does snail, don't think I ever received a call. Got to school 2 weeks after the patent fair and didnt get the letter till then (it had been sitting in my mailbox)


MBHB Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:offers for callbacks are all made via phone calls, right?


I've heard of a firm that does snail mail. But virtually all will call.
McDonnell does snail, don't think I ever received a call. Got to school 2 weeks after the patent fair and didnt get the letter till then (it had been sitting in my mailbox)


MBHB Chicago?
Yep. Turned down the CB bc they're located in the frozen tundra and their offer rate for the previous summer scared me a lil bit, but they seem like a chill firm

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How dangerous is it to schedule callbacks late, like Aug 20th+ ? OCI is making it difficult to schedule sooner.


IMO that's not really late because of most OCI dates.

Does it matter if they're GP firms? I'm concerned they may do most of their IP hiring via PLIP but maybe that's foolish.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How dangerous is it to schedule callbacks late, like Aug 20th+ ? OCI is making it difficult to schedule sooner.


IMO that's not really late because of most OCI dates.

Does it matter if they're GP firms? I'm concerned they may do most of their IP hiring via PLIP but maybe that's foolish.


I had a hard time scheduling anything before August 15th last year. Firms "weren't ready."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 pm

I was one of the interviewers at the fair. Taking qs. GP firm

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby 09042014 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was one of the interviewers at the fair. Taking qs. GP firm


Tell the funniest/worst thing an interviewee did.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Dr. Review » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was one of the interviewers at the fair. Taking qs. GP firm


Were most of your interviewees stereotypical awkward engineers or no?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was one of the interviewers at the fair. Taking qs. GP firm


Tell the funniest/worst thing an interviewee did.

Said he was "planning on clerking on the fed cir."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273534
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 am

Bedsole wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was one of the interviewers at the fair. Taking qs. GP firm


Were most of your interviewees stereotypical awkward engineers or no?

Yes, unfortunately and expectedly




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.