Loyola Patent Fair 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So do you guys think we will find out at midnight again if any of our alternates turned to interviews?

Yes I think the final schedule is due tomorrow so 1AM ET sounds about right.

bummer...just checked my list. Don't think I got moved off of any! Hope you guys had better success!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 am

Check it again tomorrow. You never know, doesn't look like anything changed.

utswdukie80

Postby utswdukie80 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 am

r6_philly wrote:Check it again tomorrow. You never know, doesn't look like anything changed.

Just to chime in... I had two alternates. Yesterday, under the Interview Dates column, one of them changed from "August 3rd" to "Schedule for August 3rd" with a hyperlink that had my interview time. The other did not change at all. The "alternate" designation did not change for either under the Invitations column. HTH.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:02 am

Since these are 100% preselect, should I assume I already meet their GPA/rank requirement when I go into the interviews?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Since these are 100% preselect, should I assume I already meet their GPA/rank requirement when I go into the interviews?

well, you should assume they want to interview you. i don't think most firms have that rigid a GPA/rank requirement. not sure why it would matter.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Those of you with offers, care to post your school range, approximate rank, and background?

9 ps
2 alt

T50, ~50% rank, BSEE and CompE (my degree lists both because CompE is only 3 class difference), 3 years WE on machinery in a semiconductor factory so I also learned some chemistry and ME, also started drafting patents 1L year

phoenixreborn08

Postby phoenixreborn08 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any advice on where to stay nearby for a reasonable price? I don't mind a decent walk or short cab, but all the hotels nearby seem to be close to $200/night.

Try airbnb.com if you don't mind staying at someone's home. I found a place with my own room and a stocked fridge for $70/ night, and it's less than 2 miles from the hotel.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Advice Needed:

Background: Rising 3L, T20, Bottom 25% (Started first semester with a 2.1, brought all the way up to over 3), M.S. in hard science, passed patent bar, graduated summa cum laude from undergrad, been clerking as a patent law clerk for past two years (two different patent firms), Journal Editor, 3 forthcoming publications, another one I will be submitting in a few weeks

I just started at the second firm last November and stayed with them through the spring semester and now summer. Typically the firm (about 30 attorneys) has 2-3 clerks, however I was the only one there until this summer (where they took on a law clerk with a Ph.D. in hard science from a T2 local school). The past hiring trends at the firm have not been consistent. Sometimes they take all the clerks, sometimes half, sometimes none. Two years ago, when there was only 1 clerk, they made an offer to her at the end of the summer. Last year, they told the clerks at the end of the summer that they would not be able to make an offer until later (which they did make to one of them in January). To date, everyone at the firm has been saying good things about me and that it will really come down to whether they have enough work at the firm or not. They said work quality would not bar me from getting an offer.

Well...I ended up getting 5 preselects and 2 alternates at the Loyola Patent Firm. I also obtained informational/networking opportunities with two patent firms in CA the same week as Loyola. I am pretty sure the law firm I am at is interviewing at the Loyola Patent Firm...only 2Ls though. As far as I can see, the firm is not looking to hire any rising 3Ls at our school's OCI.

I was not going to tell the firm that I was going to interview at Loyola, but now I am thinking I should probably go speak with the hiring partner. I think it would look bad if someone from the firm saw me at Loyola without me having told anyone from my current firm. Honestly, I would 100% stop interviewing and take an offer from the firm I am at (everyone is super nice, love the work, starting salary of $110,000+).

Any advice on how to approach the situation would be great. Do I mention I have interviews? With my lackluster law GPA from my first semester that I have been recovering from, I feel like I cannot afford to sit around and wait for an offer to land on my desk. However, I do not want to screw up my chances of getting an offer from the current firm that I am at either....

Thank you in advance for your advice!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:20 pm

You should definitely go have a conversation. Maybe they are going to offer you anyway, then you can skip all the work. Maybe they wouldn't hire you anyway, then you know that for sure, and it won't be awkward at Loyola.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:You should definitely go have a conversation. Maybe they are going to offer you anyway, then you can skip all the work. Maybe they wouldn't hire you anyway, then you know that for sure, and it won't be awkward at Loyola.

Thanks! Is it worth mentioning Loyola/the interviews. Or just keep it vague and "im not sure if I should be interviewing while waiting to hear back from the firm"

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
r6_philly wrote:You should definitely go have a conversation. Maybe they are going to offer you anyway, then you can skip all the work. Maybe they wouldn't hire you anyway, then you know that for sure, and it won't be awkward at Loyola.

Thanks! Is it worth mentioning Loyola/the interviews. Or just keep it vague and "im not sure if I should be interviewing while waiting to hear back from the firm"

I have a more aggressive personality, so this is how I would approach it. Go have a talk with the partner. Tell him that you really enjoyed working there, and you would love to work there after graduation. Ask him what are the chances of getting an offer after the summer ends. See what he says. If he says no chance, the there you go. If he says they will consider after the program, then tell him that you are interested in going to interview at Loyola, but you would love to work there contingent on an offer. He will probably say there is no way to know for sure right now. Then tell him you will proceed with Loyola, however, should you receive an offer from the firm, you will take it without question.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Advice Needed:

Background: Rising 3L, T20, Bottom 25% (Started first semester with a 2.1, brought all the way up to over 3), M.S. in hard science, passed patent bar, graduated summa cum laude from undergrad, been clerking as a patent law clerk for past two years (two different patent firms), Journal Editor, 3 forthcoming publications, another one I will be submitting in a few weeks

I just started at the second firm last November and stayed with them through the spring semester and now summer. Typically the firm (about 30 attorneys) has 2-3 clerks, however I was the only one there until this summer (where they took on a law clerk with a Ph.D. in hard science from a T2 local school). The past hiring trends at the firm have not been consistent. Sometimes they take all the clerks, sometimes half, sometimes none. Two years ago, when there was only 1 clerk, they made an offer to her at the end of the summer. Last year, they told the clerks at the end of the summer that they would not be able to make an offer until later (which they did make to one of them in January). To date, everyone at the firm has been saying good things about me and that it will really come down to whether they have enough work at the firm or not. They said work quality would not bar me from getting an offer.

Well...I ended up getting 5 preselects and 2 alternates at the Loyola Patent Firm. I also obtained informational/networking opportunities with two patent firms in CA the same week as Loyola. I am pretty sure the law firm I am at is interviewing at the Loyola Patent Firm...only 2Ls though. As far as I can see, the firm is not looking to hire any rising 3Ls at our school's OCI.

I was not going to tell the firm that I was going to interview at Loyola, but now I am thinking I should probably go speak with the hiring partner. I think it would look bad if someone from the firm saw me at Loyola without me having told anyone from my current firm. Honestly, I would 100% stop interviewing and take an offer from the firm I am at (everyone is super nice, love the work, starting salary of $110,000+).

Any advice on how to approach the situation would be great. Do I mention I have interviews? With my lackluster law GPA from my first semester that I have been recovering from, I feel like I cannot afford to sit around and wait for an offer to land on my desk. However, I do not want to screw up my chances of getting an offer from the current firm that I am at either....

Thank you in advance for your advice!!

Until they give you an offer you need keep looking. Your firm will not care that you attend loyola. You don't have to tell them about. IF you see someone at the fair, go up and say hello. If they ask why you are there, say "I'll take an offer if I get it, but I gotta hustle until I do."

pat123

Postby pat123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 pm

For the firms that say bring a copy of your transcripts to the interview. Are we supposed to get official ones or will unofficial work?

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

turbotong

Postby turbotong » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:32 pm

pat123 wrote:For the firms that say bring a copy of your transcripts to the interview. Are we supposed to get official ones or will unofficial work?

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Unless specifically required, unofficial transcripts will do. Though u should at least print out the human version of any transcripts, not the type meant to be used as data input (ex. Transcript in simplicity format)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

If a firm is interviewing for multiple offices over the two day period, does each office have its own interview panel?

Example: Smith Doe (Office 1); Smith Doe (Office 2); Smith Doe (Firmwide)

Would the above hypo have 3 interview panels running simultaneously, or do they just accept applications in segments so they can break down the candidates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Is there anyway to get a list of the firms interviewing 2Ls? I'm curious to see if my employer is interviewing at the fair. I'm a 3L, and I can only see the firms that I am eligible as a 3L.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there anyway to get a list of the firms interviewing 2Ls? I'm curious to see if my employer is interviewing at the fair. I'm a 3L, and I can only see the firms that I am eligible as a 3L.

are you the only SA or something? really couldn't just say your firms name anonymously?

anyway here you go, in the shittiest format possible

Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (Dallas, TX High-Tech IP)
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (Houston, TX High-Tech IP)
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (New York, NY High-Tech IP)
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (Philadelphia, PA Life Sciences IP)
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (Washington, DC High-Tech IP)
Alston & Bird LLP (Atlanta, GA)
Alston & Bird LLP (Charlotte, NC)
Alston & Bird LLP (Dallas, TX)
Alston & Bird LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
Alston & Bird LLP (New York, NY)
Alston & Bird LLP (Research Triangle, NC)
Alston & Bird LLP (Silicon Valley, CA)
Alston & Bird LLP (Washington, DC)
Andrews Kurth LLP (Austin, TX)
Andrews Kurth LLP (Dallas, TX)
Andrews Kurth LLP (Houston, TX)
Andrews Kurth LLP (Washington, DC)
Armstrong Teasdale LLP (Firmwide)
Arnold & Porter (Firmwide)
Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP (Firmwide)
Baker Botts LLP (Austin, TX)
Baker Botts LLP (Dallas, TX)
Baker Botts LLP (Houston, TX)
Baker Botts LLP (New York, NY - Electrical Engineering)
Baker Botts LLP (New York, NY - Life Sciences)
Baker Botts LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. (Chicago, IL)
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. (Washington, DC)
Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman LLP (Firmwide)
Bridges & Mavrakakis LLP (Firmwide)
Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione (Ann Arbor, MI)
Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione (Chicago, IL)
Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione (Electrical Engineering -- All Office Locations)
Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione (Firmwide)
Brooks Kushman (Southfield, MI)
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (New York, NY)
Carlson, Caspers, Vandenburgh, Lindquist & Schuman (Minneapolis, MN)
Cooley LLP (Boston, MA)
Cooley LLP (Broomfield, CO)
Cooley LLP (New York, NY)
Cooley LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Cooley LLP (Reston, VA)
Cooley LLP (San Diego, CA)
Cooley LLP (San Francisco, CA)
Cooley LLP (Seattle, WA)
Cooley LLP (Washington, DC)
Covington & Burling LLP (New York, NY)
Covington & Burling LLP (San Francisco, Silicon Valley, San Diego)
Covington & Burling LLP (Washington, DC)
Crowell & Moring, LLP (Washington, DC)
Department of Navy, Office of the General Counsel (Firmwide)
Desmarais LLP (New York, NY)
Dickstein Shapiro LLP (Irvine, CA)
Dickstein Shapiro LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
Dickstein Shapiro LLP (New York, NY)
Dickstein Shapiro LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Dickstein Shapiro LLP (Washington, DC)
Dinsmore & Shohl (Cincinnati, OH)
Dinsmore & Shohl (Dayton, OH)
Dinsmore & Shohl (Lexington, KY)
Dinsmore & Shohl (Louisville, KY)
Dority & Manning, P.A. (Greenville, SC)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP (Denver, CO)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP (Minneapolis, MN)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP (Seattle, WA)
Dykema Gossett PLLC (Bloomfield Hills, MI)
Dykema Gossett PLLC (Chicago, IL)
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP (Chicago, IL)
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP (Denver, CO)
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP (Fort Wayne, IN)
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP (Indianapolis, IN)
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP (Minneapolis, MN)
Fenwick & West LLP (Firmwide)
Finnegan (Firmwide)
Fish & Richardson PC (Atlanta, GA)
Fish & Richardson PC (Austin, TX)
Fish & Richardson PC (Boston, MA)
Fish & Richardson PC (Dallas, TX)
Fish & Richardson PC (Houston, TX)
Fish & Richardson PC (New York, NY)
Fish & Richardson PC (San Diego, CA)
Fish & Richardson PC (Silicon Valley, CA)
Fish & Richardson PC (Twin Cities, MN)
Fish & Richardson PC (Washington, DC)
Fish & Richardson PC (Wilmington, DE)
Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto (Firmwide)
Fletcher Yoder (Houston, TX)
Fogg & Powers LLC (Minneapolis, MN)
Foley & Lardner LLP (Chemical/Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical)
Foley & Lardner LLP (Electrical)
Foley & Lardner LLP (Mechanical)
Foley & Lardner LLP (Other/IP Litigation)
Foley Hoag LLP (Firmwide)
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. (Firmwide)
Frommer Lawrence & Haug LLP (Firmwide)
Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. (Milwaukee, WI)
Goodwin Procter LLP (Boston, MA)
Goodwin Procter LLP (Los Angeles, CA -- Electrical Engineering)
Goodwin Procter LLP (New York, NY)
Goodwin Procter LLP (San Diego, CA -- Electrical Engineering)
Goodwin Procter LLP (Silicon Valley, CA)
Goodwin Procter LLP (Washington, DC)
Greenberg Traurig LLP (New York, NY)
Hamilton, Brook, Smith & Reynolds, P.C. (Concord, MA)
Harness, Dickey & Pierce P.L.C. (St. Louis, MO)
Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C. (Troy, MI)
Haynes & Boone LLP (Dallas, TX)
Hickman Palermo Truong & Becker (San Jose, CA)
Hogan Lovells (Denver, CO)
Hogan Lovells (New York, NY)
Hogan Lovells (San Francisco, CA)
Hogan Lovells (Washington, DC)
Honigman Miller Schwartz & Cohn (Firmwide)
Husch Blackwell (Chicago, IL)
Ice Miller LLP (Firmwide)
Jenner & Block (Chicago, IL)
Jones Day (Atlanta, GA)
Jones Day (Boston, MA)
Jones Day (Chicago, IL)
Jones Day (Cleveland, OH)
Jones Day (Columbus, OH)
Jones Day (Dallas, TX)
Jones Day (Houston, TX)
Jones Day (Irvine, CA)
Jones Day (Los Angeles, CA)
Jones Day (New York, NY)
Jones Day (Pittsburgh, PA)
Jones Day (San Diego, CA)
Jones Day (San Francisco, CA)
Jones Day (Silicon Valley, CA)
Jones Day (Washington, DC)
K&L Gates LLP (Chicago, IL)
Kenyon & Kenyon LLP (Firmwide)
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP (Chemistry/Biology)
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP (Electrical Engineering/Physics/Mechanical Engineering)
King & Spalding (New York, NY)
Kirkland & Ellis LLP (Chicago, IL)
Kirkland & Ellis LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
Kirkland & Ellis LLP (New York, NY)
Kirkland & Ellis LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Kirkland & Ellis LLP (San Francisco, CA)
Kirkland & Ellis LLP (Washington, DC)
Klarquist Sparkman LLP (Portland, OR)
Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear LLP (Firmwide)
Krieg DeVault LLP (Indianapolis, IN)
Lando & Anastasi, LLP (Cambridge, MA)
Latham & Watkins (IP Litigation)
Latham & Watkins (Technology Transactions)
LeClairRyan, A Professional Corporation (Rochester, NY)
Lerner, David, Littenberg, Krumholz & Mentlik (Westfield, NJ)
Leydig, Voit & Mayer, Ltd. (Firmwide)
Lowenstein Sandler (Palo Alto, CA)
Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ)
Maginot Moore & Beck LLP (Indianapolis, IN)
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP (Chemistry/Biology/Biotech)
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP (Electrical Engineering)
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP (Litigation/Overflow)
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP (Mechanical Engineering/Overflow)
Mayer Brown LLP (Chicago, IL)
Mayer Brown LLP (New York, NY)
Mayer Brown LLP (Washington, DC)
McAndrews, Held & Malloy, Ltd. (Chicago, IL)
McDermott Will & Emery (Chicago, IL)
McDermott Will & Emery (Irvine, CA)
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (Chicago, IL)
Merchant & Gould (Denver, CO)
Merchant & Gould (Minneapolis, MN)
Moore & Van Allen PLLC (Charlotte, NC)
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP (San Francisco, CA)
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP (Wilmington, DE)
Morrison & Foerster LLP (Multi-Office IP Litigation)
Morrison & Foerster LLP (Multi-Office Patent Prosecution)
Nixon Peabody LLP (Chicago, IL)
Novak Druce + Quigg LLP (Firmwide)
Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP (Boston, MA)
O'Melveny & [deleted] (Firmwide)
Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, LLP (Alexandria, VA)
Oliff & Berridge, PLC (Firmwide)
Patterson & Sheridan LLP (Firmwide)
Paul Hastings LLP (Atlanta -- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering)
Paul Hastings LLP (New York -- Life Sciences)
Paul Hastings LLP (Palo Alto -- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering)
Paul Hastings LLP (San Diego -- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering)
Paul Hastings LLP (Washington DC -- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering)
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York, NY)
Perkins Coie LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Perkins Coie LLP (Phoenix, AZ)
Perkins Coie LLP (Seattle, WA)
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
Proskauer (Boston, MA)
Quarles & Brady LLP (Firmwide)
Rakoczy Molino Mazzochi Siwik LLP (Chicago, IL)
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren S.C. (Firmwide)
Ropes & Gray LLP (Boston, MA)
Ropes & Gray LLP (Chicago, IL)
Ropes & Gray LLP (New York, NY)
Ropes & Gray LLP (Silicon Valley, CA)
Ropes & Gray LLP (Washington, DC)
Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C. (Washington, DC)
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt (Firmwide)
Senniger Powers LLP (St. Louis, MO)
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (San Diego, CA)
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (San Francisco, CA)
Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP (Firmwide)
Sidley Austin LLP (Chicago, IL)
Sidley Austin LLP (Dallas, TX)
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
Snell & Wilmer LLP (Firmwide)
Steptoe & Johnson LLP (Century City, CA)
Steptoe & Johnson LLP (Chicago, IL)
Steptoe & Johnson LLP (Washington, DC)
Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox PLLC (Washington, DC)
Stoel Rives LLP (Portland, OR)
Stoel Rives LLP (Salt Lake City, UT)
Stoel Rives LLP (Seattle, WA)
Sughrue Mion, PLLC (Washington, DC)
Thomas, Kayden, Horstemeyer & Risley, LLP (Atlanta, GA)
TraskBritt, P.C. (Salt Lake City, UT)
Troutman Sanders (Firmwide)
Vedder Price (Chicago, IL)
Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP (Oakland, CA)
Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP (New York, NY)
WilmerHale (Boston, MA)
WilmerHale (New York, NY)
WilmerHale (Palo Alto, CA)
WilmerHale (Washington, DC)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (New York, NY)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Palo Alto, CA)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (San Diego, CA)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (San Francisco, CA)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Seattle, WA)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Washington, DC)
Winston & Strawn LLP (Charlotte, NC)
Winston & Strawn LLP (Chicago, IL)
Winston & Strawn LLP (Houston, TX)
Winston & Strawn LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
Winston & Strawn LLP (New York, NY)
Winston & Strawn LLP (San Francisco, CA)
Winston & Strawn LLP (Washington, DC)
Woodard, Emhardt, Moriarty, McNett & Henry LLP (Indianapolis, IN)
Workman Nydeggar (Firmwide)
Young Basile (Troy, MI)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I might have missed this but if there's a firm I'm very interested in and that firm selected me for an interview at Loyola, is it worth bidding on the firm at OCI? I want to make sure I maximize my chances at this firm but a) will they not select me at OCI because I already interviewed at Loyola or b) will the firm get annoyed?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Many of you have thrown around the concept of TTT sweatshops that we should avoid (mainly Oliff but I know there are others). Can anyone elaborate? How do you identify them, are close proximity to the PTO and high volume from Japan the only alarm bells? What makes them so horrible besides the workload; is it impossible to lateral or move up within the firm? Is it so bad that you're better off being a GS 9 or 11 examiner?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:04 pm

making this decision myself so curious as to how many people with < 3 interviews think they will attend the fair.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:making this decision myself so curious as to how many people with < 3 interviews think they will attend the fair.

1 PS 1 Alt and I'm going. I know of at least 2 other people at my school with < 3 who are also going.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:making this decision myself so curious as to how many people with < 3 interviews think they will attend the fair.

2 PS and I'm going. I'm a 3L so I'm leaving no stone unturned.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

2 PS and I'm going. I'm a 3L so I'm leaving no stone unturned.

Anon with 1 PS 1 Alt from above. Also a 3L, also turning all stones

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm curious to hear what the stats/bkgds of the 3Ls who got preselects? Are you guys EEs? Hard Science? Advanced Degrees? Prior SAs?

I wonder if the percentage of preselect to callbacks is higher for 3Ls as compared to 2Ls?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm curious to hear what the stats/bkgds of the 3Ls who got preselects? Are you guys EEs? Hard Science? Advanced Degrees? Prior SAs?

I wonder if the percentage of preselect to callbacks is higher for 3Ls as compared to 2Ls?

My stats are earlier in the thread, but since it's all posted as anon:

1 PS, 1 Alt
Bachelor's chem, 2 years WE, 1L fed judge, 2L patent in-house (no SA)
TT in 60s-70s, school doesn't rank students
Ties to a satellite office (PS); No ties to alt firm

Return to “Legal Employment”