Loyola Patent Fair 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
target
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby target » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
target wrote:three more days before we can see the initial schedule. Do you think firms already make selections at this point? Anyone has 34 out of 32 bids in their account? Mine is still 33 out of 32 even though I submitted to more than one late firms.

I have 34 (Oliff and Latham). I also applied to Skadden SF via resume collect but no extra bid there. Anyone else have Skadden pop up?


Oh wow, that may just confirm that if you get that extra bid popped up, you get that interview. congrats.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 pm

target wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
target wrote:three more days before we can see the initial schedule. Do you think firms already make selections at this point? Anyone has 34 out of 32 bids in their account? Mine is still 33 out of 32 even though I submitted to more than one late firms.

I have 34 (Oliff and Latham). I also applied to Skadden SF via resume collect but no extra bid there. Anyone else have Skadden pop up?


Oh wow, that may just confirm that if you get that extra bid popped up, you get that interview. congrats.


I participated in the fair last year. This happened with me too. It doesn't necessarily mean you got the interview. You could have just been selected for an Alternate. So, if you have an extra spot, it means you either have a Preselect Interview or were selected as an Alternate. For me, it ended up being an alternate. However, it ended up changing to an preselect later, probably because someone turned down their interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 pm

What can I do if I did not apply to one firm (thought I would get the interview at my school's OCI), but changed my mind and wanted to have an interview with the firm in Chicago (B/C I want to maximize the utility of my school's limited lottery bids)?

Shall I email them to ask for an alternative position or a waitlist?

User avatar
wiseowl
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby wiseowl » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:17 pm

See if they have a hospitality suite, or see if you can meet the interviewing attorney for dinner or drinks or something.

This is why I see no point in "waiting for OCI."

target
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby target » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I participated in the fair last year. This happened with me too. It doesn't necessarily mean you got the interview. You could have just been selected for an Alternate. So, if you have an extra spot, it means you either have a Preselect Interview or were selected as an Alternate. For me, it ended up being an alternate. However, it ended up changing to an preselect later, probably because someone turned down their interviews.


totally forgot about being an alternate. here is hoping mine is a preselect.

slotwide
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby slotwide » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 pm

So does anyone have a created bid for any of the late addition firms other than Oliff, Weaver, or Latham?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 pm

slotwide wrote:So does anyone have a created bid for any of the late addition firms other than Oliff, Weaver, or Latham?


I got an added bid from Bridges & Mavrakakis.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:32 pm

slotwide wrote:So does anyone have a created bid for any of the late addition firms other than Oliff, Weaver, or Latham?


Skadden and Weaver.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:38 pm

slotwide wrote:So does anyone have a created bid for any of the late addition firms other than Oliff, Weaver, or Latham?


OMM

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:53 pm

For a while I had 33 bids listed (Skadden Palo Alto was added to my original 32 bids), but now there are only 32 bids. Skadden is still there, but one of my original bids (Baker Botts DC) has disappeared.

slotwide
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby slotwide » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Anyone from last year.. do interviews show up at midnight (Central Time I would assume) or sometime later tomorrow?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby fatduck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm

slotwide wrote:Anyone from last year.. do interviews show up at midnight (Central Time I would assume) or sometime later tomorrow?

last year it was crazypants and bids started showing up (and changing) piecemeal all through june

in 2010 it was midnight CT

the "cancellations" window on symplicity seems to indicate 7 am (eastern i assume?)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:13 pm

fatduck wrote:
slotwide wrote:Anyone from last year.. do interviews show up at midnight (Central Time I would assume) or sometime later tomorrow?

last year it was crazypants and bids started showing up (and changing) piecemeal all through june

in 2010 it was midnight CT

the "cancellations" window on symplicity seems to indicate 7 am (eastern i assume?)


I assume sometime after midnight because they probably do data loads at midnight, that's why all the end deadlines are at 11:59PM. Maybe they put 7AM just to leave enough time to ensure all data are loaded and verified by then.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:05 am

I was right, schedule is up. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:06 am

Selections are up! Pleasantly surprised as a 3L. I an definitely headed to Chicago! Good luck guys!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:07 am

25 (and 2 alternates)

:shock:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 am

3L, 6 preselects and 5 alts. Nowhere I'd take over my current firm, not that I'd have taken anywhere else over it in the first place. All in worse locations and not as well-regarded, looks like I'd better stick to the plan and gun for that offer.

ETA: bear in mind that cancellations or expanded interview schedules = more interviews sometimes. I picked up a few extras that way before the program last year.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:25 (and 2 alternates)

:shock:


Good job! Did your alternates have a number next to them? I am trying to figure out if Alternate is higher or Alternate (2) is.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:13 am

21 interviews, no alternates (nearly everyone I bid on). Should I drop some interviews and do them at OCI?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 am

13 interviews and 2 alternates. Very Pleased!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:17 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:25 (and 2 alternates)

:shock:


Good job! Did your alternates have a number next to them? I am trying to figure out if Alternate is higher or Alternate (2) is.


One had a (3) and the other didn't have a number.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 am

11 preselects and 2 alt

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:23 am

10 and 1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:48 am

15 pre-selected, 3 alt.

Anyone knows how we select our interview time slots?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 am

10 pre-selects, 6 alts.
What do the numbers next to the alt indicate? Your spot in line?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.