Loyola Patent Fair 2012 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Loyola Patent Fair 2012

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:Relevant to an earlier discussion, I was just emailed by a firm stating they can't interview me because they'll be at my school's OCI.
Just got 2 of these.
I didn't get any. Not looking hopeful for my interview schedule :(

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:Relevant to an earlier discussion, I was just emailed by a firm stating they can't interview me because they'll be at my school's OCI.
Just got 2 of these.
i knew there was a bright side to having a shit OCI

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Just got 2 of these.
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 pm

fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Just got 2 of these.
I don't get it.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am

fatduck wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Just got 2 of these.
This is the firms rules not any sort of PLIP rule. Most firms don't do this. Almost all my interviews were at firms that came to my school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:53 pm

anything i should know about for booking arrival/departure times? there's a reception wednesday night, right, anyone know what time that is? and when is it safe to leave on friday?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:25 pm

does anyone have extra firms appearing on their bid list? i don't remember if these were always there or what. i applied to Oliff and Berridge through the resume collect and now they're on my bid list. says "33 out of 32 bid used" at the top.

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone have extra firms appearing on their bid list? i don't remember if these were always there or what. i applied to Oliff and Berridge through the resume collect and now they're on my bid list. says "33 out of 32 bid used" at the top.
Are you a 2L?
Last edited by Dr. Review on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:13 pm

I have an additional bid that appeared as well, from Latham which I applied to through the resume collect. Fairly certain that it was not there before. I am a 2L.

Good sign for us (hopefully)?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an additional bid that appeared as well, from Latham which I applied to through the resume collect. Fairly certain that it was not there before. I am a 2L.

anon from above. yes i'm a 2L.

i looked back and found the email from PLIP about the add'l resume collect opportunities:

"Once Oliff & Berridge has made their selections, our staff will manually create bids and interviews for the students who are selected. If you are selected, your Oliff & Berridge interview will be viewable on Symplicity when you gain access to your initial interview schedule on Monday, June 25th."

hopefully the bolded is good news for us

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an additional bid that appeared as well, from Latham which I applied to through the resume collect. Fairly certain that it was not there before. I am a 2L.

I also applied to Latham and have not yet received an additional bid, so I would say that's a good sign.

target

Silver

Post by target » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 pm

just checked mine and got one extra bid added as well. Does anyone who went last year have any experience regarding whether this is a good/bad sign?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:08 am

Can anyone who went last year shed some light on where they stayed and why?

I was looking at flights and hotels and it seemed like staying where the interviews are actually held would be more expensive than staying at the Ritz. Is there some huge advantage to staying at that hotel that would justify paying ~$300 more?

Also, I know not to book anything until I'm sure I have interviews, I was just checking to prepare myself for the cost.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone who went last year shed some light on where they stayed and why?

I was looking at flights and hotels and it seemed like staying where the interviews are actually held would be more expensive than staying at the Ritz. Is there some huge advantage to staying at that hotel that would justify paying ~$300 more?

Also, I know not to book anything until I'm sure I have interviews, I was just checking to prepare myself for the cost.
i'm staying at the embassy suites but i used hilton points. magnificent mile is pretty expensive but there are some cheaper options not too far away. not sure what the parking situation is if you were to drive - i know it's ludicrously expensive at the embassy suites (like $45/night or something).

also, there's really no harm in getting a hotel now. just check the cancellation policy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Anyone just get a transcript request for undergrad and law transcripts? 3L here. Email states,"Thank you for agreeing to interview with firm xxx at the Loyola Patent Interview Program." good sign, or think I am reading into it?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone just get a transcript request for undergrad and law transcripts? 3L here. Email states,"Thank you for agreeing to interview with firm xxx at the Loyola Patent Interview Program." good sign, or think I am reading into it?
only way to tell is if you out the firm, and others who bid on the same firm can confirm whether they also got the email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone just get a transcript request for undergrad and law transcripts? 3L here. Email states,"Thank you for agreeing to interview with firm xxx at the Loyola Patent Interview Program." good sign, or think I am reading into it?
Which firm was it?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Which firm was it?
Really though... which firm? I'm dying to get their selections. How much longer until the 25th??

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone who went last year shed some light on where they stayed and why?

No. The cheapest place around is probably the red roof inn. I stayed there during ASW two years ago for 60 bucks a night on Name Your Price on Priceline. It was decent, it's a couple blocks from the job fair.

turquoiseturtle

Bronze

Post by turquoiseturtle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

No. The cheapest place around is probably the red roof inn. I stayed there during ASW two years ago for 60 bucks a night on Name Your Price on Priceline. It was decent, it's a couple blocks from the job fair.

Thank you! I could probably look this up, but I'm lazy. When is the earliest interview slot? 8? 9?

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 am

I'd say it's a good sign.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 am

Anyone know anything about Patterson & Sheridan? I know they're based out of Houston, although their listing on the PLIP Symplicity says firmwide, but I'm interested in one of the small satellite offices. Do you think they would consider someone with ties to an area with a satellite office? If it matters, I bid as a 3L.

target

Silver

Post by target » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am

three more days before we can see the initial schedule. Do you think firms already make selections at this point? Anyone has 34 out of 32 bids in their account? Mine is still 33 out of 32 even though I submitted to more than one late firms.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:46 am

target wrote:three more days before we can see the initial schedule. Do you think firms already make selections at this point? Anyone has 34 out of 32 bids in their account? Mine is still 33 out of 32 even though I submitted to more than one late firms.
You can see which firm gave you the additional bid (which I assume will turn into an interview), it is the last firm with the "applied" status. One of the firms I applied to via resume collect is now added to the end of my "applied" list.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 am

target wrote:three more days before we can see the initial schedule. Do you think firms already make selections at this point? Anyone has 34 out of 32 bids in their account? Mine is still 33 out of 32 even though I submitted to more than one late firms.
I have 34 (Oliff and Latham). I also applied to Skadden SF via resume collect but no extra bid there. Anyone else have Skadden pop up?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”