How do I list a temp job on my resume? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How do I list a temp job on my resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:12 am

I temped for 6 months before finding a permanent position. It was for a big staffing agency that everyone's heard of, and I was assigned to two very similar projects one after the other. I'm thinking of putting it as one job, listing the staffing agency as my employer, and using a kind of generic title with (contract) or (temporary) next to that. I don't think I ever had an official title but I can describe it pretty accurately without any embellishment. Is that ok or is there a better way to do it?

Also, it's better to have a temp job than a gap on there right? I graduated at beginning of the the recession and had a job offer rescinded, so I'm hoping firms understand.

EDIT: I'm a 1L, this is pre law school employment.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Always Credited

Gold

Re: How do I list a temp job on my resume?

Post by Always Credited » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 am

someone link THE thread.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 am

OP here. :lol: I've read THE thread. That's partly why I'm concerned. I'm hoping a temp job before law school doesn't carry the same stigma that doc review does.

gavinstevens

Bronze

Post by gavinstevens » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:33 pm

This thread sounds helpful, someone want to post a link? Thanks.

seatown12

Silver

Post by seatown12 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 am

A temp job post-JD is bad because it means you couldn't get a real legal job. As a 0L, nobody can get a real legal job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”