What should I do?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What should I do?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:06 pm

I am a 2L at low 30's law school, and I am debating about whether to take an unpaid position with in-house council I have already worked with or study abroad and graduate early. I have never studied abroad and would love to have the experience; however, it seems to be conventional wisdom to take experience over classes. I have been planning to study abroad for awhile and have done internships every semester. I also have 3 years experience in mortgage banking before law school. Just looking for some thoughts and advice.

gwuorbust

Re: What should I do?

Postby gwuorbust » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 pm

will this in house position lead to a real job at graduation?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Doubtful. I am going to have to rely on OCI 3rd year, which sucks I know, and networking.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 pm

At least with the in-house gig you presumably have the ability to network over the summer at bar luncheons and whatnot. And yes, I think experience > travel

Return to “Legal Employment”