Need Advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What should I do?

Take the offer, forget SEO.
100%
Decline, wait for SEO/GTL all summer.
No votes
Take the offer and renege if offered SEO.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Anonymous User

Need Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 pm

-Mods, I know this forum is for law students only, but I would appreciate being able to post this anonymously, as I know the firm I'm speaking of frequents this board. Thanks!

I'm a 0L with a summer internship offer (basically assistant/maybe some paralegal work) from a V100 in the city I would like to work after law school. The position is paid, but low, and I need to give the firm an answer very soon.

I'm also waiting on SEO. I applied back in November and haven't heard anything (no interview offer yet). I could potentially make upwards of $20k if I get the position, in addition to more valuable experience as a summer associate.

I definitely think I can't renege on the firm if I tell them yes and SEO offers me later, since it's a major firm in the city I want to work in.

So I can 1) take the position and say bye to the chance at SEO 2) decline, hope for SEO, may get stuck with nothing?

I am pretty set on biglaw after law school, any thoughts are appreciated.

newyorker88

Re: Need Advice

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:13 pm

pretty sure you didn't get SEO. I applied in November and was interviewed in December if I remember correctly.

Return to “Legal Employment”