Financial Aid for Judicial Internship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Financial Aid for Judicial Internship

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Working as a 1L judicial intern this summer, and I will receive a 3 hour credit. I was wondering whether anyone who has completed a judicial internship for credit received financial aid/living expenses for the full summer?

I also have a couple of fed govt internship offers which will also count as credit if I split the other half of summer.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Financial Aid for Judicial Internship

Post by bk1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Check with your finaid office but you should be able to take out loans for CoL if you're getting credit (assuming you meet the minimum credits required to take out loans).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 am

OP here: I know I will receive COL loans, but I was wondering if those loans will be calculated for the full summer or only half?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP here: I know I will receive COL loans, but I was wondering if those loans will be calculated for the full summer or only half?
Ask the finaid office, but I suspect it would be full since it based not on the time you spend with the judge but the amount of credits you are taking.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

what is this doing a judicial internship for credit mean? how does that work? I am doing a judicial internship this summer and have not heard anything about doing it for credit.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Wed May 16, 2012 1:59 pm

You can do an externship, not necessarily with a judge, for credit at most (all?) schools. You pay per unit (not as expensive as regular tuition though), and usually get to choose how many units you want to do the externship for. There's usually a cap as to how many externship and/or pass/fail units you may apply to graduation requirements, so that is a consideration in deciding whether to do one and for how many units, especially if you are planning on doing LR in 2L/3L. Talk to your CSO or externship dept if you have one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”