Judge Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hallet
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Judge Offers

Postby hallet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 pm

I have a high possibility of getting a federal judicial externship as a 1L this summer (from recent networking with family), but probably won't see results, interviews, for another week. I have an interview scheduled for next week with a state court judge. If that interview goes well, and I end up getting a position with the state court judge, can I reject the offer if I get a position with a Federal court judge? Also, if I want to work big law, what would look better, state court criminal judge or federal bankruptcy?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Judge Offers

Postby rad lulz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 pm

.
Last edited by rad lulz on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Judge Offers

Postby LawIdiot86 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

rad lulz wrote:
hallet wrote:I have a high possibility of getting a federal judicial externship as a 1L this summer (from recent networking with family), but probably won't see results, interviews, for another week. I have an interview scheduled for next week with a state court judge. If that interview goes well, and I end up getting a position with the state court judge, can I reject the offer if I get a position with a Federal court judge? Also, if I want to work big law, what would look better, state court criminal judge or federal bankruptcy?

Both will look the same


+1 Your grades, law review and school's rank will be 90% determinative to your biglaw odds. Your personality and geography will be around 9% and stuff like this and student clubs will be 1%.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.