3L OCI Preparation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L OCI Preparation

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm a 2l at a T10 with an SA at a v30 in NY/DC. At the end of the year, I expect to be top 20 - 10%. For personal reasons, I want to switch markets to NY/DC. What should I be doing to prepare for 3L OCI? How should I broach the subject of moving offices with my firm? Are there any firms that typically hire 3Ls?

LawIdiot86

Re: 3L OCI Preparation

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a 2l at a T10 with an SA at a v30 in NY/DC. At the end of the year, I expect to be top 20 - 10%. For personal reasons, I want to switch markets to NY/DC. What should I be doing to prepare for 3L OCI? How should I broach the subject of moving offices with my firm? Are there any firms that typically hire 3Ls?

Whatever you do, don't broach or hint at your desire to transfer offices until you have an offer in hand from your 2L firm.

Old Gregg

Re: 3L OCI Preparation

Postby Old Gregg » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:05 pm

There's nothing to prepare for other than submitting bids and making sure you receive an offer from your summer firm.

I really, really do think it's useful to spend about 5-6 hours on every V20's website and to memorize each partner's background. In my experience, spilling those details forth in an interview really clinches the callback.

Return to “Legal Employment”