1L Permanent Offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Permanent Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 pm

I really clicked with a small plaintiff's firm in the interview, but I know they are looking to hire a 1L to return 2L summer and eventually take a permanent offer. The problem is, I want to do biglaw, and I am not even sure if I want to do transactional or litigation yet. Also, I have had a couple of biglaw callbacks (been in for one, the other is soon), but I won't know if I received an offer or not until possibly after I need to decide for this small firm. If I receive an offer from the small firm and have to accept it before hearing from the big firms or am rejected from the big firms, what would be the proper thing to do? Take the offer and admit my career goals and my hesitation to return next summer? Take the offer and don't worry about it? Turn down the offer?

Anonymous because I don't want my classmates knowing my job situation until I actually have one.

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: 1L Permanent Offer

Post by rad lulz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:09 am

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”